FLL to Miami - Walmart & Liquor Store

cricket_7

I will have a rental car and will be traveling from FLL airport to South Beach next week. Can someone please post an address of a Walmart/Target/etc type store with a liquor store close by that is on this route and in a safe area?

Thanks so much!

When you come out of FLL, take the Griffin Road exit andthen take Griffin Road underneath I-95 for about a mile, there's a Publix on your left that cares wine, groceries and pharmaceutical items. There are also Publixs nearer Miami and Biscayne Blvd. Google "Publix" for store locators.

If you need other types of items, the nearest WalMart Super Center in FLL is north of the airport. So take the exit to to 595 to I-95 North and go to Oakland Park Blvd (exit 31, IIRC) head west(left) to State Road 7. There's a Wal Mart in the large shopping center on the SW corner. If you head east( right) there's a Target juston the other side of Route A1A. But it might bea bit easier to get to by just taking the exit to Rte 1 North out of the airport.

Heading south get off on the 195 Expressway heading east (west takes you to MIA) and then exit 2A to N. Miami Avenue, there's a Target at the SE corner of N. Miami and NW 36th St. less than a block from the exit ramp.

You'll need to check if any of these Target stores also have wine or liquor as that may vary by store.

There are plenty of Publix grocery stores and Walgreens that have adjoining liquor stores.

There is a Target in Hollywood, about 15 minutes south of FLL. Exit at Hollywood Blvd, go west (right) approx 1 mile. Corner of Hollywood Blvd & N Park Road.

There is a Walmart in Hallandale Beach, also about 15-20 minutes south of FLL. Exit at Hallandale Beach Blvd, go east (left) about 3 miles (before Intracoastal bridge).

On South Beach, I believe there are at least two Publix locations (both on Alton Road) as well as Walgreens liquor stores, and Gulf Liquors (Alton Road).

The OP wants Walmart/Target and liquor store in the same area, without going too much out of the way...here you have it! :)

Take I-95 south. You will be heading toward Miami.

Go east on Hallandale Beach Blvd. Continue east for about 2 miles. Cross US1.

A couple of blocks further on your right will be Publix Liquors at Hallandale Place. Go east another block and Walmart will be on your left. There is also Avyness Goldstar Liquors just across the street from Walmart.

For all of you Walmart cruisers, Fort Lauderdale is getting a Super Walmart and the intersection of I95 and Broward.

Yay.

I used to work in that neighborhood. Some druggie tried to open my car door while I was stopped at a traffic light. And a woman was murdered during a robbery on the parking lot across the street from where they are building the Walmart. No thank you.

Edited by royalcruz

I used to work in that neighborhood. Some druggie tried to open my car door while I was stopped at a traffic light. And a woman was murdered during a robbery on the parking lot across the street from where they are building the Walmart. No thank you.

Yes, I'm not a Walmart fan at all.

The OP wants Walmart/Target and liquor store in the same area, without going too much out of the way...here you have it! :)

Take I-95 south. You will be heading toward Miami.

Go east on Hallandale Beach Blvd. Continue east for about 2 miles. Cross US1.

A couple of blocks further on your right will be Publix Liquors at Hallandale Place. Go east another block and Walmart will be on your left. There is also Avyness Goldstar Liquors just across the street from Walmart.

And then I might suggest taking a left out of the Walmart, going across the Intracoastal bridge and hanging a right and taking the A1A to South Beach. Much more interesting drive (probably not quicker)