WDW Resort & DCL (Port Canaveral) Vacation Transportation Options/Advice

I was hoping for some advice from the knowledgeable, experienced folks here. My parents (mom,stepdad), my family (Me,DW,DS [3], & DD [1]), and my brother's family (Bro,DW,DD [2]) are all booked on a trip to Disney World from Oct. 29-Nov. 2, then on the Dream 4 night sailing Nov. 2. I know we can get the Disney's Magical Express to our resort when we initially come in, but I need help figuring out transportation from our Disney World Resort to Port Canaveral for our Cruise portion (and back to MCO after the cruise). If I'm not mistaken, we can book transportation via bus from WDW Resorts to the cruise terminal as one option. I've contacted our travel agent for a price on this. However, I am wondering what other options we have.

Having kids with us ages 3,2, & 1 means we'd need carseats for any smaller vehicle transportation like a rental van or shuttle van. This seems less than ideal, and a considerable hassle if we can avoid it. We are already worried about dealing with a large double stroller that we're bringing for Disney (not that I don't appreciate advice about the stroller, but for argument's sake let's just assume that it isn't negotiable and it is definitely coming), so more large child carrying contraptions are not something we are super excited about.

Are there any other good options out there, or should we definitely plan on booking Disney buses to Port Canaveral from WDW, then back to MCO?

TIA!

I was hoping for some advice from the knowledgeable' date=' experienced folks here. My parents (mom,stepdad), my family (Me,DW,DS [3'], & DD [1]), and my brother's family (Bro,DW,DD [2]) are all booked on a trip to Disney World from Oct. 29-Nov. 2, then on the Dream 4 night sailing Nov. 2. I know we can get the Disney's Magical Express to our resort when we initially come in, but I need help figuring out transportation from our Disney World Resort to Port Canaveral for our Cruise portion (and back to MCO after the cruise). If I'm not mistaken, we can book transportation via bus from WDW Resorts to the cruise terminal as one option. I've contacted our travel agent for a price on this. However, I am wondering what other options we have.

Having kids with us ages 3,2, & 1 means we'd need carseats for any smaller vehicle transportation like a rental van or shuttle van. This seems less than ideal, and a considerable hassle if we can avoid it. We are already worried about dealing with a large double stroller that we're bringing for Disney (not that I don't appreciate advice about the stroller, but for argument's sake let's just assume that it isn't negotiable and it is definitely coming), so more large child carrying contraptions are not something we are super excited about.

Are there any other good options out there, or should we definitely plan on booking Disney buses to Port Canaveral from WDW, then back to MCO?

TIA!

I'll just point out that the transfers from WDW to the port (as well as port to MCO) cost $35.00 per person each way.

There are cheaper options. Car rental. Limo. Private shuttle service. There are some limo, and car rental places that can include car seats.

With the size and makeup of this group I would go car service, they can handle the car seats and the price will be equivalent or less to the per passenger price...

Personally, we prefer Happy Limo...

If I'm counting correctly, you have 9 people who will be charged by DCL. You'll get a MUCH better price from a private limo service. Most will provide car seats. Some will charge for them, others not. There are lots of good towncar/limo services in the Orlando area--start with Happy Limo and Florida Tours.

Thanks so much for the advice thus far. This is exactly why I thought I would post here. We've done several cruises in the past, but this is our first with a WDW trip on the front end, plus our first with DCL, AND our first with young kids.

One question regarding the private services though. If I was to go that route, how would we handle our luggage and getting it onboard the ship? We don't have to haul it that whole way do we?

Yes, just like you would with the bus, etc. If you order a 9 pax or larger vehicle, there will be an area at the back for luggage. Of course you can have bell staff help at the hotel and porters at the port.

Thanks so much for the advice thus far. This is exactly why I thought I would post here. We've done several cruises in the past' date=' but this is our first with a WDW trip on the front end, plus our first with DCL, AND our first with young kids.

One question regarding the private services though. If I was to go that route, how would we handle our luggage and getting it onboard the ship? We don't have to haul it that whole way do we?[/quote']

OK, first be sure to count the kids when you order the vehicle. You will order by number of passengers and amount of luggage. Kids under 3 are free on DCL bus, but WILL take a seat on a limo/towncar. However, there you pay by size of vehicle, not number of people.

Luggage--call WDW bell services to take it to the front of your resort. From there, the limo driver will load it into the vehicle or luggage trailer. At the terminal there is a drop off area for private transportation. A porter will be there ready to meet the next incoming vehicle and will happily take everything except carry on pieces (which you select). You will next see your luggage outside your stateroom on the ship--remember to tip the porter. You, family, and carry on bags will proceed thru security and into the terminal.