DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

I put on the survey every time that the apps and variety of drinks are terrible. The apps are too fancy for me. I will put my suggestions on the VIFP benefits survey that I should get in a few days.

Maybe they should just put out Guy mini-sliders. :)

Since you want to try to be literal I will make it literal for you. A group of people sitting at Carnival HQ directed by the Board to write policy make these decisions......NOT the Captain or Crew. Does that help your officerness? :rolleyes:

I am guessing by your Avatar that you are retired Air Force. Thank you for your service by the way. However, Carnival just like the military has Corporate rules much like military regulations. Then you find Ship rules much like post regulations.... and on down the line.

I am sure that this comes into play on certain ships as I have been on Sensation numerous times and shorts are specifically allowed during elegant night every time.

I am guessing by your Avatar that you are retired Air Force. Thank you for your service by the way. However, Carnival just like the military has Corporate rules much like military regulations. Then you find Ship rules much like post regulations.... and on down the line.

I am sure that this comes into play on certain ships as I have been on Sensation numerous times and shorts are specifically allowed during elegant night every time.

Yes, there are corporate rules and ship rules much like the military. And just like the military, the ships rules can more stringent than the corporate rules but not more lenient. That is the way any company (or military) with outlying locations works.

Maybe they should just put out Guy mini-sliders. :)

i actually read in a recent 'post-revision diamond / plat party' type thread that sliders were one of the appetizers. it just could happen... or maybe has?

They certainly use it to see what the latest creative way to smuggle is... And no I don't and never have.

haha lets not start that debate here.

I spend most of my day at work, working through solutions for my clients, learning their customer's behaviors, get an insight on how and why they buy, then deliver a solution that can build on that. I just want to bring a little bit of an educated opinion to the conversation. No matter who is right or wrong in this situation, I believe that if enough people reach out or talk about it, Carnival will notice...

Yes, there are corporate rules and ship rules much like the military. And just like the military, the ships rules can more stringent than the corporate rules but not more lenient. That is the way any company (or military) with outlying locations works.

I knew you would response with that as I also served... That is why I put the second part. It appears that there are certain things that they allow leniency on.

i actually read in a recent 'post-revision diamond / plat party' type thread that sliders were one of the appetizers. it just could happen... or maybe has?

They actually did have Guy sliders at the Vista event in New York in January.:D

Can anyone who has sailed with Carnival since the change in the Past Guest Party answer this question:

QUESTION:

With free drink coupon (good on the last night after 5 PM), can it be used either at dinner for a non-alcoholic drink (soda) or specialty coffee or can you use it at the Specialty Coffee shop?

MARAPRINCE

Can anyone who has sailed with Carnival since the change in the Past Guest Party answer this question:

QUESTION:

With free drink coupon (good on the last night after 5 PM), can it be used either at dinner for a non-alcoholic drink (soda) or specialty coffee or can you use it at the Specialty Coffee shop?

MARAPRINCE

Yes, same as previous coupon except can be redeemed at any bar/beverage location after 5PM on final evening versus during just the MDR brunch.

Geez... didn't mean to start up anything. It is my job to check for non-Platinum/Diamond guests. There was plenty of staff at the door that should have been checking invites or sail and sign cards. Also, to only offer 1 type of drink on a tray is simply ridiculous! I will probably not be going back to the parties until they improve on things.

They have more on the tray & will get you ANYTHING u want, as Joe Friday says, just the facts.

I knew you would response with that as I also served... That is why I put the second part. It appears that there are certain things that they allow leniency on.

Personally, I think they (those on board) just go rouge and make decisions they are not entitled to make. Seen it more times that not in small detachments as well.

I won't find out until February when I go on the next cruise; however, it will be the Blogger's cruise with John Heald out of Galveston, so likely the VIPF party for Platinum and Diamond would be in the big lounge because of BC9....last year they had over 600 on BC8 and likely close to half were Platinum or Diamond

Now if I could only win the lottery and get Diamond status by the time BC9 happens...only need around 100 or so days....

Personally, I think they (those on board) just go rouge and make decisions they are not entitled to make. Seen it more times that not in small detachments as well.

I agree with the small detachment comment but I am still convinced this was a decision they were allowed to make.

After all, CC represents a majority of cruisers on any Carnival cruise. I don't know how we have not formed a cruise union yet.

I would be surprised if this is true. Does anyone have statistics that would prove this?

I agree with the small detachment comment but I am still convinced this was a decision they were allowed to make.

I disagree for this one reason. I have been to 4 of these parties on 4 different ships when they were Gold/Plat/Diamond parties. Every time, the invitation was the exact same, same printing, same wording and never did it state that anyone other than the person on the invitation was invited. Others here have posted pics of the exact same invitation from other ships as well. That leads me to believe that this is a fleetwide policy. Based on that anology, neither the Hotel Director, the Captain, nor even John Heald himself has the authorization to change a fleetwide policy on a whim.

I would like to see someone post a pic of the new invitations for the Plat/Diamond party to see them wording on them (I won;t be able to see one for 3-4 more cruises).

Edited by Out to sea!