First time cruiser luggage question

Shanterpia

Hello,

My wife and I will be leaving on the 25th on our first cruise on the Paradise. She is concerned about luggage restrictions as the carnival website is rather vague. We have a piece of luggage that is 27 inches tall if i measure from the wheels up to the top (standing up) but if you measure it laying flat on the bed it fits the carnival criteria. She just wants to make sure they wont reject her bag or something. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

To be honest, I have seen some huge bags being carried around by the porters, etc.

Not sure exactly an answer but as before, some of the bags I have seen, I have wondered if they brought all of thier clothes from the closet with them.

If you are not using this as a carry-on, you will be fine. We have a wheeled-duffle bag that measures 30" in length. Basically, if the airlines will accept it so will the cruise lines.

I understand your frustration with the description from Carnivals FAQ's. One would think that the 16"H x 24"W restrictions quoted mean it can't be more than 16" tall.

As long as 2 sides of the luggage do not exceed 16" x 24" it can be any length.

Put your DW's mind at ease by measuring the 2 shortest sides of the piece of luggage. As long as one of those measurements is 16" or less, and the other is 24" or less, it will fit through the scanner, and is fine.

Like rjdcruises4fun says, I too have seen some really large bags checked by passengers (I used to be one of those guys, but I'm getting better).

The measured numbers are (1) from hinged side to handle side. And (2) laying flat on the floor from floor to top of the closed lid of the suitcase. The length from wheels to upper handle is NOT one of the measurements required.

i have seen bags that grown adults could fit inside, to the point of I don't even know what stores people get this luggage from as I've never seen it. Maybe it is for sale in the big and tall stores! So don't sweat it, the porters will take it and it will end up at your cabin door.

I have a humongous north face suitcase that is supposed to have enough room for 2 weeks worth of gear in the wilderness. That's what I take on all my cruises and they never blink an eye.

Don't sweat the size of the bag! You won't be turned away. Enjoy your cruise! The Paradise was my first as well.