Poll; will your next booking be with NCL?

Will your next booking be with NCL?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Will your next booking be with NCL?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Unsure!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213057

If this is a "new" policy for guests enhanced experiences then I will be changing my vote from unsure, to NO! BLEEP NO!

I guess if the kids can't be in the kids club then they can be everywhere else.

Don't count out Celebrity for your kids. We just did Christmas and New Years with our grade schooler on the Solstice and this was a great cruise for the entire family. There was no capacity restrictions on their kids club, even with about 700 children on-board. Santa even spent the time to have each child, if they wanted, to speak with him and get a gift. The Celebrity UBP includes their specialty drinks/bakery area; our child had unlimited Christmas cookies and peppermint hot chocolate.

With all the changes delrio (Scrooge) has made over the past few months we are getting very concerned what Christmas will be like on NCL. So we have already cancelled our NCL 2016 cruise and will be going back to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

After reading replies here over the past year, I felt many were probably just disgruntled or nitpicking.

However, after coming back home Saturday from NCL Getaway. I will not be returning to their line. Customer consideration is suffering and the multiple complaints (on this website alone) of hidden stipulations for on-board credit suggests their days of sharing loyalty as a two lane road are gone.

After reading replies here over the past year, I felt many were probably just disgruntled or nitpicking.

However, after coming back home Saturday from NCL Getaway. I will not be returning to their line. Customer consideration is suffering and the multiple complaints (on this website alone) of hidden stipulations for on-board credit suggests their days of sharing loyalty as a two lane road are gone.

Seems like NCL is walking all over its customers more and more.

Edited by mkdreams

Should have ticked the box saying; show people's vote. ;)

Good point, but hopefully a poll gives direction to all the feelings and opinions posted the last few days.

I voted unsure as I now feel (more) attracted to other lines.

That's okay, I'll tell you up front I voted no. Next 3 cruises are RCCL, CCL, CCL, and looking into Celebrity for my fourth. No plans to ever sail NCl again.

No. I started looking last night at other options. It was eye opening. We leave Saturday for our last NCL cruise unless things make me happy again.

Same here. My upcoming cruise with NCL (past the cancellation penalty date now) will definitely be my last with them if the new policies remain in place -- unless every other cruise line starts imposing the same rules and restrictions.

Edited by CavalierX

I'm unsure. Our next cruise is this July and on the Breakaway. We have been cruising every other year, so who knows what the next year or two will hold? We're not tied to any particular cruise line. If the product appeals to us (itinerary, ship itself, activities, affordable cost) then sure we will book with NCL! If there is a product that we personally feel it better for our family, we will cruise with a different cruise line.

But for now with young kids, we need more than just a kid's program. And NCL is one of the big three for that.

As long as you don't mind the new regulations and restrictions on the kids' club, like having to get up early and get in line to get a ticket to get in, and start over if the child leaves for half an hour. I anticipate that you might see a lot more bored, upset kids kicking around NCL ships in the future, along with a lot of frustrated parents who were looking for some time to themselves.

Edited by CavalierX

As long as you don't mind the new regulations and restrictions on the kids' club, like having to get up early and get in line to get a ticket to get in, and start over if the child leaves for half an hour. I anticipate that you might see a lot more bored, upset kids kicking around NCL ships in the future, along with a lot of frustrated parents who were looking for some time to themselves.

This has only been reported as of now to be happening on the Gem. Given last week's drowning tragedy on that ship, the new system could be NCL's response to an investigation and audit based on what happened. We all have to wait and see if this goes fleet wide and what the restrictions are for each ship since the facilities are different on different class ships.