Poll; will your next booking be with NCL?

Will your next booking be with NCL?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Will your next booking be with NCL?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Unsure!

What the executives of NCL are really curious about.. and what they won't tell:

Plain and simple, with all the recent changes, the bottom line:

Will your next booking be with NCL?

Let's see if there's any impact on the future bookings!

Poll result discussing only please, let the other threads have the glory. :)

Yes, coming up this October. I don't know about the future i want to see how they are going to keep customers happy. Specially loyal customers. :)

I just booked oasis, price for a balcony was about the same, I've always went with Ncl in the past when I could grab balconys for 500-800 a person, when it was compatible to oasis, I told myself, might as well try a change of scenery. I leave June 6th!!

Where exactly is the poll?

Oh well...yes if course I will book again....as long as it meets my requirements asto

Embark port

Itin

Dates

Price

We only get insides (and cruise 2x as often) lol now so food in the cabin disgusts me as does midnight cookies and wings at 2 am

I'm no lightweight btw but the thought of that kind of food makes me ill....

Of course I understand how important the balcony is to many pax but we get our fill of ocean/beachfront accommodations at our cape cod first floor 20 feet from the surf sand outside your door condo

Ok I brag...but summer is here and can't help it. 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the Breakaway today and booked a cruise for my friend and me and one for my daughter and her friend and one for my husband and son.

I guess I missed on this board the future cruise deal being offered on the Breakaway. Don't know if it's going fleetwide. I purchased three FCC's - value of $250 each and the OBC was $125 each. So the three were $375.

Then by booking the cruises I was able to get the Beverage Package that isn't currently being offered though the promos.

Name changes are allowed and ONE real change such as date and ship is allowed. So I picked dates that might work for my family and booked.

We too just disembarked from the Breakaway today and took advantage of the current promo offered onboard. We booked a New England Cruise for next year and have another cruise reward certificate to work on choosing a date for our Alaska Cruise! Great opportunity, kudos to NCL for offering such a wonderful program!!!

Ive said No , because I only booked the Epic because of the Solo cabins and solo lounge (the price was quite expensive) I booked a long time ago and since I booked Ive experienced 2 cruises with MSC and I really enjoyed these and feel that for the price I paid for them MSC are much better value for what I got as a solo cruiser the all inclusive drinks package alone is half the cost of the NCL package .

That said if NCL offered an amazing cheap price for a cruise I would consider it, but it would have to be an amazingly low price . Since I booked NCL have changed so many things and increased the costs so I no longer trust them .

MSC include drink package and is cheaper than Ncl? Good to know, will look into it. Thank you.

I just got off the Breakaway today and booked a cruise for my friend and me and one for my daughter and her friend and one for my husband and son.

I guess I missed on this board the future cruise deal being offered on the Breakaway. Don't know if it's going fleetwide. I purchased three FCC's - value of $250 each and the OBC was $125 each. So the three were $375.

Then by booking the cruises I was able to get the Beverage Package that isn't currently being offered though the promos.

Name changes are allowed and ONE real change such as date and ship is allowed. So I picked dates that might work for my family and booked.

Interesting. I wonder if they will be doing this (inclusion of the UBP) on all of the ship for booking while on a cruise.

I've voted Yes.

I have one cruise booked (and paid) for this year. The new food policy does not affect me, I eat my food at the restaurants/buffets, and I've never taken food to my room.

I am already thinking of booking a cruise for next year. So, yes for me.

The OBC for FCC's has always been $100. Do you know when the change was made?

Also, did you book onboard or after you got off the ship ? The reason I am asking is that NCL has not previously allowed onboard bookings >

Also, did you book onboard or after you got off the ship ? The reason I am asking is that NCL has not previously allowed onboard bookings >

It was $100 for one FCC purchased. Multiple FCC's (up to four) had the higher amount for all.

In order to get the drink package, it had to be booked onboard.

D.W. and I are thinking about camping in the Florida keys for the whole winter rather than cruise for only 4 weeks .

For that budget you can rent a 2 bd condo in Marathon for 3 mos.. with pool, canal for boat and beach within 1 mile.:D

I voted yes, I have taken one NCL cruise 11 day southern Caribbean and taking one next month to Norway and next February, western Caribbean. I guess until I get tired of their itinerary or find it too expensive I would go elsewhere.

I like not having formal nights, a variety of restaurants and the great entertainment.

I have not used RS and have not brought back food to cabin, but I can see if either my husband or I were sick it would make perfect sense to not visit the eating areas and have something brought back to the cabin by the other spouse.

Edited by ISLABONITA

There is a special going on if you buy two or more cruise rewards you get $125 OBC if you only purchase one you still only get $100 OBC

There is a special going on if you buy two or more cruise rewards you get $125 OBC if you only purchase one you still only get $100 OBC

That's interesting to know, it wasn't offered as late as this March when we're sailing on the BA, not that we would've purchased anymore FCC at this point with all the unknowns & givens.

What it is suggesting is that there's an effort to push for higher sales for FCC and/or the sales numbers aren't looking so good lately with the publicity - the Latitutde desk on the BA was not pushing anyone to do bookings onboard, by itself and/or in conjunction with FCC. This isn't cost NCL more money down the road, right - since the promo is no longer unlimited but rather a credit with a cap on it.

Might be worth moving this to a new thread on its own for discussions since this is going off-topic.

Is there a flyer on this "deal" or was it posted on the newest BA Dailies ?? for uploading ...

Edited by mking8288

That's interesting to know, it wasn't offered as late as this March when we're sailing on the BA, not that we would've purchased anymore FCC at this point with all the unknowns & givens.

What it is suggesting is that there's an effort to push for higher sales for FCC and/or the sales numbers aren't looking so good lately with the publicity - the Latitutde desk on the BA was not pushing anyone to do bookings onboard, by itself and/or in conjunction with FCC. This isn't cost NCL more money down the road, right - since the promo is no longer unlimited but rather a credit with a cap on it.

Might be worth moving this to a new thread on its own for discussions since this is going off-topic.

Is there a flyer on this "deal" or was it posted on the newest BA Dailies ?? for uploading ...

There was a flyer but unfortunately I didn't bring it home. I was on the Getaway last week when it was offered

Edited by sjnyc323

Our "next" booking will be with NCL, but we have 2 other cruises on other lines. This will be our first time trying other cruise lines in many years. We are not really unhappy with NCL, but want to see what we might be missing.

I voted yes. We have two booked on the Escape and, out of curiosity, I compared the price of an RCCL cruise the same week as our second Escape cruise next January. It was $1,000 more for a balcony on RCCL. We sailed RCCL for our honeymoon and also spent about $1,000 more than a comparable NCL cruise and just didn't enjoy it. So we came back to NCL and are happy with that decision, despite the addition of fees. We'll get used to them and pay the fee since we're on vacation or we won't use the things that require a fee.

We have 2 cruises reserved with NCL for a family cruise (with child) -- we like that because of the Splash Academy, movies, water slides, and things like that. But for a romantic getaway just me and wife -- we would choose a different cruise line.

I voted yes, emphatically.

I have always had marvelous experiences with NCL. Nothing I've seen changes my expectations. I am still getting a cruise at a good price even with
the few changes which for the most part do not affect me.

I voted unsure; I was thinking of doing NCL for next year after doing Carnival 2 times last year and Royal earlier this year but after reading people's posts and how the treat each other here; I don't think I want to go! Too mean and rude for my tastes, no way I'm paying money to put up with such nasty attitudes on a ship!

[quote name='Lovecruises2014']I voted unsure; I was thinking of doing NCL for next year after doing Carnival 2 times last year and Royal earlier this year but after reading people's posts and how the treat each other here; I don't think I want to go! Too mean and rude for my tastes, no way I'm paying money to put up with such nasty attitudes on a ship![/QUOTE]Please don't judge how the passengers are on the ship to how some are on here. Most people would never say things that they say on here in anonymity to someone's face. I've only run into a few rude folks (mainly bad manners) on all my cruises.

[quote name='NLH Arizona']Please don't judge how the passengers are on the ship to how some are on here. Most people would never say things that they say on here in anonymity to someone's face. I've only run into a few rude folks (mainly bad manners) on all my cruises.[/QUOTE]

I agree with NLH Arizona for sure. I've sailed three other lines and every board has it's share of people that hide behind a keyboard and get argumentative, picking fights over opinions. It's like every other social media out there...

I am a lurker much more than a commenter,but I have learned quite a bit here on CC. Enough to continue to visit regularly before a vacation. I can imagine which posters would be a lot of fun to have a drink with just as easily as knowing which ones I would take 10 flights of stairs to avoid in the elevator ;)