Poll; will your next booking be with NCL?

Will your next booking be with NCL?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Will your next booking be with NCL?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Unsure!

I am wondering how valid this poll is. People that have never cruised on NCL (like myself) could vote in this poll (I didn't but if I were an NCL cruiser, I would not hesitate to book another cruise despite the changes).

Next planned cruise, after Breakaway in June was March break on Breakaway again with the kids. Likely I will wait for a Royal promo and return to them. A bit higher in price, but we know what to expect and the whole family enjoys. All in all, Royal's Oasis and Freedom class is a great value for what you get - and even with the changes in cruising over the years, we have always felt that we were treated right.

What the executives of NCL are really curious about.. and what they won't tell:

Plain and simple, with all the recent changes, the bottom line:

Let's see if there's any impact on the future bookings!

Poll result discussing only please, let the other threads have the glory. :)

Can't do it with these rules in place. Won't work for us. Physical issues involved. Too bad. We really enjoyed NCL for many reasons. Sadly their new policy about food is of necessity a deal-breaker for us. Unless we could afford The Haven. Which we can't.

I am wondering how valid this poll is. People that have never cruised on NCL (like myself) could vote in this poll (I didn't but if I were an NCL cruiser, I would not hesitate to book another cruise despite the changes).

Well some NCL cruisers seem to disagree with you and don't seem to be planning booking again with NCL.

Even though you have not sailed with NCL why would your vote not be valid?

If your first cruise was mega terrible would you "not hesitate" to book again?

I'm on the fence and therefore "Unsure" of future bookings with NCL. Having said that, we are already booked on the Dawn for next April out of NOLA and that cruise may make up our minds for us--especially after all these recent changes that were put into place. Would like to try another line we haven't sailed on before or perhaps try Princess again, which we do like.

It's frustrating because this cruise in 2016 will be our first as Platinum, but the perks might not be worth it if NCL comes up with any more "changes".

Unsure

As my not so vast history of cruising suggests,we need to save up for vacations. We are very excited about our upcoming first sailing on NCL,but will see how it fits the needs of our family as a whole. Depending on how many years the next sailing will take,kids clubs may not be important ( 2DD currently 12 & 8 ) but I know the girls are wowed by water slides,rock walls,etc...maybe something like the Getaway?

I know one of the few areas of concern I have is stateroom space. A " standard" Oceanview on Disney fit the 4 of us pretty comfortably. I know that isn't possible in the very small NCL standard sized room. Would have to weigh family staterooms versus mini suites when the time comes.

Inevitably,the " next one" is never soon enough for me :)

Definitely YES. Next cruise will be in Nov.2015. Got our aft cabin at a decent price and will not sweat the small stuff. If I can no longer get 2 coffees and 2 cookies early in morning, we'll both get up to the buffet.

I am very grateful to have 5 booked early in the promo with the UBP when the prices were great. All five cruises have gone up in price substantially. I also got the 7.5% exchange rate. I try not to sweat the small stuff so the changes shouldn't bother me.

Can't do it with these rules in place. Won't work for us. Physical issues involved. Too bad. We really enjoyed NCL for many reasons. Sadly their new policy about food is of necessity a deal-breaker for us. Unless we could afford The Haven. Which we can't.

I hope you know that if you have physical issues that need accommodation, NCL will help you. Call thiss number and ask what can be done:

Accessibility Assistance

Of course if you just don't want to sail with NCL, that's a different story.

Good luck.

I'm on the fence and therefore "Unsure" of future bookings with NCL. Having said that' date=' we are already booked on the Dawn for next April out of NOLA and that cruise may make up our minds for us--especially after all these recent changes that were put into place. Would like to try another line we haven't sailed on before or perhaps try Princess again, which we do like.

It's frustrating because this cruise in 2016 will be our first as Platinum, but the perks might not be worth it if NCL comes up with any more "changes".[/quote']

I would love to hear of the changes that are actually impacting you enough to make you leave NCL.

I have looked and there is not one change that has been implemented or suggested that impacts us in the least. I suspect that over 95% of the people who cruise NCL are the same as us, and there is no impact at all.

More than likely I will cruise NCL next time (looking at June, 2016) I have cruises only Premier, Carnival and NCL. I have enjoyed NCL the most. Maybe it is the number of cruises I have been on with NCL and once I discovered the suites I have not booked anything less. I do not think that I will get the dinner plan but will continue to eat in some of the pay resturants.

I am disappointed in Cagney's going LA Cart if this is true I had my best meals thee if it be breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I have not been disappointed in any NCL cruise even the one that I took 2-3 weeks after the Dawn was hit by a wave and destroyed a could of suites (one was the one I was supposed to have when I cruised. I was contacted and offered a mini suite or move to a regular suite one room over from the one that was damaged. I took the other suite.

I voted no because our next cruise is Australia/New Zealand and booked with Celebrity. I may book NCL for my next cruise but it depends on what the itinerary is.

I do wish NCL would expand to Asia and Australia.

Take care,

Mike

No.

I have 2 bookings with NCL that were booked before Kevin Sheehan left. I will not cancel these. Since the lack of customer transparency started it made it a no-brainer "for me" to book 2 more with RCCL. I'm a loyalty guy not a disposable guest. I feel like NCL is biting the hand that feeds them and I don't like the sting.

I voted no because our next cruise is Australia/New Zealand and booked with Celebrity. I may book NCL for my next cruise but it depends on what the itinerary is.

I do wish NCL would expand to Asia and Australia.

Take care,

Mike

Right here shows how flawed the poll is (no offense to the poster and BTW if you haven't cruised with Celebrity, you'll love them). The poster voted no, but it has nothing to do with the changes.

What the executives of NCL are really curious about.. and what they won't tell:

Plain and simple, with all the recent changes, the bottom line:

Let's see if there's any impact on the future bookings!

Poll result discussing only please, let the other threads have the glory. :)

Yes! We have cruised many cruise lines, are platinum on NCL. On April 18 we returned from cruise on Jewel. Over the following couple of weeks we read lots of criticism of new charges but we still purchased a Welcome Back Future Cruise Certificate and are in the process of choosing an NCL cruise for next year to celebrate our landmark birthdays.

Edited by NMLady