Sunshine - where to hold informal M & G?

Freckles_51

Our roll call is considering an informal M & G on embarkation day on the Sunshine, to be held for an hour or so before muster drill. Can anyone who has cruised on the Sunshine please suggest a good place for this event....a bar with some music is fine, but not so loud that we cannot hear each other speak ;). There may be children so an adult-only area is out of the question. Would the Red Frog Rum Bar or Blue Iguana work, or would it be too noisy? Is the Havana Bar outdoors or enclosed? Would this be a better location?

Our roll call is considering an informal M & G on embarkation day on the Sunshine, to be held for an hour or so before muster drill. Can anyone who has cruised on the Sunshine please suggest a good place for this event....a bar with some music is fine, but not so loud that we cannot hear each other speak ;). There may be children so an adult-only area is out of the question. Would the Red Frog Rum Bar or Blue Iguana work, or would it be too noisy? Is the Havana Bar outdoors or enclosed? Would this be a better location?

What's the head count?

Serenity bar or the Sports bar would be my first choice. The Havana bar is also a good choice as most people don't realize there's seating back there (breakfast omelet stations also), until the second or third day of the cruise. There's always plenty of seating back there for breakfast, especially for large families or groups.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm leaning towards the Havana Bar.

Is it an open or enclosed space?

Where is the nearest smoking area?

(please don't start a smoking debate, I don't want to hold the M & G "in" a smoking area but think it will be good to have a smoking area nearby for smokers who want to join the M & G) :)

I agree with red frog pub ocean plaza. It was underused on our trip. Felt like our private bar. Also if you do pick the Havana bar just be aware the tables may be busy if it's during dining hours. Wherever you pick you will have a wonderful time:)

I just organized informal meet n' mingle our first day on the sunshine may 9th we did it in the Havanna bar at 2:00 which was a perfect time because it started to empty out. Surprisingly we also did a Formal meet and greet in piano bar the 2nd day and we had 60 attendees. It was a pretty good deal at $20 which included the tip and the drink staff just kept the drinks coming. We all had a great time!!