Timings from Tampa to Orlando International Airport

cruise1804

Hi

We will be arriving back from a cruise on the Brilliance and have arranged car hire through Hertz (found that info on here that they have a stand in the port terminal).

What we would like advice on is how long approximately would it take to disembark, get car and then travel to Orlando International airport ?

Our flight is due to leave there at 3.32pm connecting in Charlotte for our ongoing flight to London (not sure if first leg classed as a domestic or international flight?)

I have booked car for 9.30am at Tampa and have said we will get back it back (car) to Orlando at 11.30.

Are we leaving enough/to much time?

Thank you for any replies.

Hi

We will be arriving back from a cruise on the Brilliance and have arranged car hire through Hertz (found that info on here that they have a stand in the port terminal).

What we would like advice on is how long approximately would it take to disembark, get car and then travel to Orlando International airport ?

Our flight is due to leave there at 3.32pm connecting in Charlotte for our ongoing flight to London (not sure if first leg classed as a domestic or international flight?)

I have booked car for 9.30am at Tampa and have said we will get back it back (car) to Orlando at 11.30.

Are we leaving enough/to much time?

Thank you for any replies.

I work for an airline and cruise quite frequently. I would say this is a great time-frame. You don't have to get the car back to Orlando by 1130 sharp do yo? You probably will but you never know, with possible traffic. Since passports will be checked in Orlando, this is considered international as far as check-in.

Hi

Thank you so much for replying back so quickly. I've booked the car from 9.30 to 11.30 so I guess I could ammend this to 12.30? Then if there is traffic wouldnt be panicking that we will pay late return charges? I can't remember from last cruise (FOS last year) what time they kicked us off? Don't know if we should take our own bags off or collect in terminal? We took them off ourselves last year and it was a real pain. Can you request what time your bags are off ship by?

Again really appreciate replies!

Hi

Thank you so much for replying back so quickly. I've booked the car from 9.30 to 11.30 so I guess I could ammend this to 12.30? Then if there is traffic wouldnt be panicking that we will pay late return charges? I can't remember from last cruise (FOS last year) what time they kicked us off? Don't know if we should take our own bags off or collect in terminal? We took them off ourselves last year and it was a real pain. Can you request what time your bags are off ship by?

Again really appreciate replies!

Does car for hire mean you will be using a rental car to Orlando, maybe with a special hourly rate or something like that? If so, you may want to schedule the extra hour if not too much more money. It all depends on the extra hour fee vs the penalty for not getting the car back in 2 hours.

If you want to dis-embark the ship more quickly, I have always found self service with the bags is a bit more speedy, but may not matter enough to make a difference if you would rather not. I like the self service with the bags, but I am a Florida boy having less miles to travel and less bags than you folks traveling back to the UK. (I love the UK and it's people. America's best friend in the world. Thanks.)

Have dis-embarked in Tampa, my home port 3 times and it has always been very efficient. Quick, whether we did the self service or got our luggage from the area. Still my gut level is self service with the bags to be out of there the fastest giving you more control when you get off of the ship.

Hi,

Oh that's so nice of you to say about UK. We LOVE the US!! You are all so friendly, not like us Brits!!

I've just booked car through Hertz and put 9.30 to 11.30 its was $69 (£42 approx) which I didn't think was bad for an SUV? Really like the convience of being able to sort car in terminal building. I dont know if Hertz are charging me per hour? Could do a dummy quote and see what 9.30 to 12.30 comes out at? Car hire so much more expensive in Europe!

Think the self service with the bags was a nightmare because of having the 3 children with us too. Our oldest will be 14 by time we go (April 2016) so sure he could lug his own suitcase around!

Again thank you for all your replies, so kind.

P.S Has anyone used Hertz at the Port?

Hayley.

Yes I would check with the car company. It may be that the rate is for up to 24 hours, so may not matter if it is 2 or 3 hours or more. From what I have heard Brilliance of the Seas is a great ship. A friend of mine took Radiance of the Seas, a sister ship and raved about it.

Hope you have a great time in in America and on the cruise. You are welcome here. I love watching airplanes from the Tampa airport, and when I see BA2167 arrive from Gatwick I get a thrill thinking about all you folks coming over to visit. Hope you have a chance to visit the beaches here too.

Hi ,

Yes we are staying in a villa in Davenport for 11nights before the cruise and hope to do a couple of days at St Pete's or Clearwater (need to look into that bit).

I really wish we were getting direct flights but it just worked out so expensive. It will be a very long flight on way out as leave Heathrow at 7.45 am with a 3 hour stopover in Chicago, which means we get to MCO at 6.55pm. What is annoying too is we live about 15 mins away from Gatwick but will have to drive to Heathrow (and back) instead....bit of a pain but saved us £££'s!!!

Thank you all for your help/advice.

Hayley