Getting tickets for shows

tuscandream

We are new to NCL and I understand you can reserve spot for shows in advance is that true? If so can that be for the comedians as well, can you please advise of the process. Previously cruised carnival, royal and princess that is not something we had to do. Thanks in advance for your help.

The only shows that have reservations are on the mega ships. The smaller ships are just first come, first served. And to reserve, you can do it on line within so many days of your sailing (can't remember how many days though), or once you are on the ship.

We are new to NCL and I understand you can reserve spot for shows in advance is that true? If so can that be for the comedians as well, can you please advise of the process. Previously cruised carnival, royal and princess that is not something we had to do. Thanks in advance for your help.

One thing is that you can apparently only reserve once for each show. At least this was my understanding on recent Breakaway cruise -- others with different/more current info please chime in. So although Comedy Central gives several different kinds of performances, we were only able to reserve once online before boarding.

In the end we were in the Haven and used the concierge to book a second Comedy Central show, and I don't know what would have happened if we had tried to do that on our own, after we'd attended the first. Maybe you can reserve another one after the first has passed?

As far as reservations generally, if you aren't able to nab a reservation, you can also show up half an hour (or more? there will be a line) before the performance and hope for no-shows. There was a line for those without reservations both times we went to Comedy Central. And to best of my knowledge only some of the space for each performance is available for booking online, before boarding.

Edited by Cruise4Real

For the comedy shows, you are right about only being able to book one in advance. Once onboard go to the box office and book the second comedian if you like. Easy to do. Takes less than 5 minutes.