Nieuw Amsterdam formal nights on med cruise

tazza

Does anybody know how many formal nights there are on a 12 night med cruise and would you need to be formal if you chose one of the restaurants instead of the main dining room? We are travelling before and after the cruise and my husband does not want to take the suit and shoes for 2 nights. What are our options if we don't dress in formal wear?

The general rule is two formal nights on a 1-week cruise, and one additional formal night for every additional week. Based on this, I would expect three formal nights on a 12-night cruise.

Your documents will give the number (always subject to change) when they are available.

If your husband doesn't want to bring clothes for formal night (formal clothes are not necessary, merely a jacket w/tie), he can rent a tuxedo. Or, you can have food from the dining room menu delivered as room service, eat in the Lido, or dine at Canaletto.

I just got my e docs for my 12 night med cruise and it says two formal nights. I am assuming one is on the sea day but wondering if anyone knows which night the other would be. Would Seattle know? We are on the July 3 Barcelona to Venice cruise.

I just got my e docs for my 12 night med cruise and it says two formal nights. I am assuming one is on the sea day but wondering if anyone knows which night the other would be. Would Seattle know? We are on the July 3 Barcelona to Venice cruise.

No they won't. Generally this is left up to the Captain and Hotel Manager, on board.

Once you find out, please let us know. We are on this cruise in Sept and I would love to know what other night (beside the sea day) that it falls on. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Expect two formal, which are normally during sea days. Didn't notice much dressing up on our recent HAL Med cruise, so as long as your DH has tie and jacket, that will be sufficient

The general rule is two formal nights on a 1-week cruise, and one additional formal night for every additional week. Based on this, I would expect three formal nights on a 12-night cruise.

Your documents will give the number (always subject to change) when they are available.

If your husband doesn't want to bring clothes for formal night (formal clothes are not necessary, merely a jacket w/tie), he can rent a tuxedo. Or, you can have food from the dining room menu delivered as room service, eat in the Lido, or dine at Canaletto.

Ruth is right!

Was on her for a 24 day B2B and 3 formal nights a week! Also enjoyed MDR delivered to our stateroom on cruise.

Enjoy!

We have been on her 4 times Med cruises and the Caribbean.

She is one of our Favorites!

Denise:)

It will probably be the night you leave port the earliest.

Ruth is right!

Was on her for a 24 day B2B and 3 formal nights a week! Also enjoyed MDR delivered to our stateroom on cruise.

Enjoy!

We have been on her 4 times Med cruises and the Caribbean.

She is one of our Favorites!

Denise:)

They have changed the number of formal nights. I am on the 24 day B2B cruise just before the OP and my documents state 4 formal nights only.

We are just off the Nieuw Amsterdam, Mediterranean 38 days (26 + 12 or 14 +12 + 12) both of the 12 day portions had 2 formals each.

Which nights were the formal nights? Thanks for the help

Wondering also...

We are booked on the empires cruise, 12 nights eastern Med and there are only 2 sea days, the first and the "last" travel day... we arrive in Venice 1pm and overnight, so maybe the sea day before we arrive in Venice will be formal. And I would assume the first full sea day will have formal dinner also.

We also do not want to carry jacket and dress shoes for 2 nights as we'll be away 84 nights packing one suitcase each, mine small, his medium. The alternatives will do us just fine: room service or Lido..... although last time Imam seated us at 5:15 with our almost formal clothes... DH wore black slacks, dress shirt, tie and black cardigan, black walking shoes.

Last year we returned from Rome on Maasdam, 21 nights and had 3 formal nights. m--

Wondering also...

We are booked on the empires cruise, 12 nights eastern Med and there are only 2 sea days, the first and the "last" travel day... we arrive in Venice 1pm and overnight, so maybe the sea day before we arrive in Venice will be formal. And I would assume the first full sea day will have formal dinner also.

We also do not want to carry jacket and dress shoes for 2 nights as we'll be away 84 nights packing one suitcase each, mine small, his medium. The alternatives will do us just fine: room service or Lido..... although last time Imam seated us at 5:15 with our almost formal clothes... DH wore black slacks, dress shirt, tie and black cardigan, black walking shoes.

Last year we returned from Rome on Maasdam, 21 nights and had 3 formal nights. m--

The days at sea were our formal nights. The restaurants provided jackets for men. When we were being seated for dinner at the Pinnacle on the last formal evening, I actually saw them stop a gentleman and provide him with a jacket before being seated. I think they just prefer you wear it to enter and leave, as a courtesy to other guests dressed formally.