All Things Ovation of the Seas!

Also just been told that another cruise had been add on the 14th which means I am not on the first sailing. ..

Does anybody know what can be done in regards to credit or refunds etc

Credit or refund for what - did they cancel the cruise?

Also just been told that another cruise had been add on the 14th which means I am not on the first sailing. ..

We are also annoyed Royal Caribbean have added this cruise on the 14th April

As we specifically booked as it was a maiden voyage.

We received an email this morning offering a discount of £50 against the new sailing.

However, we are still looking forward to sailing on this magnificent ship.

I'm booked on the Maiden Voyage. Was so excited as its my first Maiden trip. To get a call from my TA this morning saying its ready early so they are doing a Pre Inaugural would I like to add it. I'm furious. A Maiden voyage should be just that a Maiden Voyage. So sail out of Southampton in April for 3 days to sail out again for 5 days !!!!!!!! Not happy.

We are also annoyed Royal Caribbean have added this cruise on the 14th April

As we specifically booked as it was a maiden voyage.

We received an email this morning offering a discount of £50 against the new sailing.

However, we are still looking forward to sailing on this magnificent ship.

I'm hopping mad as they say. A Maiden voyage should be just that a maiden voyage. I was offered the same. But why do we want to sail out of Southampton twice in April you can expect any weather.

Totally dissapointed

I'm booked on the Maiden Voyage. Was so excited as its my first Maiden trip. To get a call from my TA this morning saying its ready early so they are doing a Pre Inaugural would I like to add it. I'm furious. A Maiden voyage should be just that a Maiden Voyage. So sail out of Southampton in April for 3 days to sail out again for 5 days !!!!!!!! Not happy.

Did they TA say that you were bring given first shot at the pre-inaugural? In other words, do you have a chance to get the same stateroom?

I guess you will have to contact your TA or RCCL if you booked direct. Tell them if you want a refund. They haven't sold you what it said on the tin now they have slipped another cruise before you.

I'm still going but I'm not happy.

Did they TA say that you were bring given first shot at the pre-inaugural? In other words, do you have a chance to get the same stateroom?

Yes, I was told would be able to have same cabin as long as booked by 26th February.

Too late for us to change travel plans and get extra time away from work though.

Yes, I was told would be able to have same cabin as long as booked by 26th February.

Too late for us to change travel plans and get extra time away from work though.

One consolation might be that the pre-inaugural cruises might get some of the bugs out before your cruise.

Her first trip is not a cruise, it's a ferry service to Rotterdam, therefore ours is still the MAIDEN, RCI told my TA that they had added the 3 days due to over demand for ours, she was originally scheduled to float out on the 20th but she came out yesterday, I wonder if that has anything to do with it as the Ferry crossing was announced yesterday as well.

24502488053_a6809895c9_o.jpg

Nice sell by the TA? A ferry.. haha! I bet they sell the exact leg as a "perfect taster cruise" to the Brits. ;)

Many contractors on board use guests' staterooms before the ship is being handed over so don't get your hopes up too much. The new ship smell will stay for a while, no worries about that! :D

Actually they did ring me with a good deal, so yes. But they didn't hold that deal. I was a bit upset at the time over the change. By the time I'd rang my friend to tell her and check if I could change our transportation to Southampton it had gone up by £100 pp. so the plot thickened. Anyway we have ended up adding it to our 17th April Itinerary. So we are sailing on both.

Edited by lovethesun22

Actually they did ring me with a good deal, so yes. But they didn't hold that deal. I was a bit upset at the time over the change. By the time I'd rang my friend to tell her and check if I could change our transportation to Southampton it had gone up by £100 pp. so the plot thickened. Anyway we have ended up adding it to our 17th April Itinerary. So we are sailing on both. ��

Excellent!