All Things Ovation of the Seas!

Just checked my Jan 9th 2017 booking on Ovation & it seems to be letting me proceed to make a payment if I wanted to.

Maybe it's just the late Oct to mid Dec period that is affected & that's why there are no cruises showing for that time?

Just checked my Jan 9th 2017 booking on Ovation & it seems to be letting me proceed to make a payment if I wanted to.

Maybe it's just the late Oct to mid Dec period that is affected & that's why there are no cruises showing for that time?

If they were affected they'd also be red coded.

As all sailings from the charter out are still for sale (where available), it's only a limited number of cruises before then.

It may even be that they're doing a minor refurb before she sails out for the Australian season, given some rooms have been repurposed for Asia such as the lounge and high rollers room.

She is now showing up on the Hong Kong cruise terminal schedule from late October to Late November 2016 for a number of 4-7 night cruises. Looks like she we reposition from Beijing to Hong Kong for a month or so before going to Australia via Singapore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to believe there's such little Ovation news! Here's the latest round-up I could find:

1. French website posts confirmation of the Feb 20 float out (link)

2. Andy Robot and Nick Weir have a Twitter dialog about prepping the 270 Robots for Ovation of the Seas (link)

3. Another tweet about the 270 Robots (link)

4. New MW webcam image (from 2/8)

2016_02_08_Halle_6_W466_zpswua7xhe7.jpg

Anyone have anything else?

Hard to believe there's such little Ovation news! Here's the latest round-up I could find:

1. French website posts confirmation of the Feb 20 float out (link)

2. Andy Robot and Nick Weir have a Twitter dialog about prepping the 270 Robots for Ovation of the Seas (link)

3. Another tweet about the 270 Robots (link)

4. New MW webcam image (from 2/8)

2016_02_08_Halle_6_W466_zpswua7xhe7.jpg

Anyone have anything else?

Im loving your detective work finding all these snippets of information;).....it's good to read something about Ovation. I'm still very surprised at the lack of news considering she floats out in 5 days:confused:

Strange that there is so little information about the ship shortly before its first sail. There are so many informations about Harmony but not the Ovation.

Another (older) information is that the show's name is "The Dream" - http://royalcaribbeanproductions.com/featured-shows/the-dream

I was hoping they put a water slide on it :D

And another photo from this morning:

2016_02_15_Halle_6_2_W466.jpg

Still nothing on the Meyer Website. Looking on the 8 day forecast it´s not looking very good for Saturday. Wetteronline says temps will be o.k. (up to 7°C) but 80% chance of rain and wind up to 4-5 Beaufort with gusts up to 65 km/h. Sure that´s a "long term" forecast but actually we have to wait.

steamboats

I really appreciate the updates. Thank you!

Can someone point me to any information on how they conduct sea trials and where they go?

We are scheduled on B2B from Barcelona to Singapore, and my whole family wanting to know more about the ship.

:)

Kmcspoon,

As her sisters the Ovation pretty likely will go to Eemshaven first for the last outfitting. Then the ship will go out to the North Sea for the sea trials (usually up to the tip of Denmark and back). After the sea trials it may return to Bremerhaven for the last work done onboard and loading crew and provisions. She might go to Hamburg for a short dry dock as well (at least both Quantum and Anthem did after the sea trials). Usually the handing over will be in Bremerhaven around April 12th and then she goes to Southampton.

steamboats

Finally something on the Meyer website:

Float out is now scheduled for Thursday, Feb 18th around noon (German time).

As I said before the weather forecast is not very good for the weekend.

The ship will stay at the pier til beginning/mid March. There´s no date for the Ems conveyance mentioned yet.

Of course all dates and times are depending on the weather conditions.

steamboats

Thanks for the links.

Maybe RCI will now issue some information regarding this ship, it's feels like it's been totally overshadowed by Harmony (figuratively speaking).

We are doing the Barcelona - Dubai leg of the 'repositioning' and I'm just wondering what to expect in terms of facilities and entertainment etc or if in fact we are going to expected to 'make do' with less than expected standards as this ship is literally being aimed at the Chinese market.

I read reviews on Quantum's same trip last year and it seemed there was some work carried out to get her ready for the Chinese market, but I imagine that Ovation will not require this as she will only spending a couple of weeks in UK etc before relocating, though if our early cruise on Anthem is anything to go by there will be remedial work/ snagging to be done?

I guess my question really is, has anyone sailed on a brand new ship that was literally in transit to somewhere else and if so how did it differ from an established ship/ itinerary?

Either way, I'm sure it will be an adventure!

Karen

Edited by saffikins