Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

I used to be able to get into airport lounges due to work and travel but now I find I cannot justify the cost of membership. At $800 per year per person, we do not travel enough to get value for that amount of money.:D

:eek: Yikes , that's a lot out of pocket ! But as a work perk - great . Our visit in the LHR club came with the discounted upgrade - unusual , but enjoyable for us . ;)

And with an informal ' All aboard ' we made our way to seats .

DSC03637_zpsubh2zx8p.jpg

It was my first flight on a 747 and I felt like Tom Hanks in the movie Big's limo scene , fiddling with all the switches , while others assumed a more relaxed posture .

DSC03646_zpsmksxhv1c.jpg

The goody bag on the jump seat .

DSC03641_zpslrupjim9.jpg

Menus

DSC03653_zpsi8jsj8k8.jpg

21d47ccd-5c80-45d0-b155-00b86725f6ad_zpsnwx1mol2.jpg

DSC03652_zpslfbcpqla.jpg

Chicken Satay starter

DSC03660_zps0lhainav.jpg

Chilled Thai beef salad main

DSC03662_zps97o6hcfw.jpg

After dinner came an extra bites menu - just in case we got hungry .

DSC03651_zpsp6uaml1w.jpg

And feeling a food coma coming on , I popped the bed for a movie and a nap until the jingle of the food cart returned us to consciousness .

DSC03663_zpsjo0ssr0s.jpg

Afternoon tea and scones - Oh yeah !

DSC03664_zpsbhai6ldf.jpg

And after being gone for more than a month - we were almost home !

53fb77ef-d8eb-43dc-a941-76e6c1eab354_zps19pilit3.jpg

Funny ! It seems more like 10 !!!

We're currently uploading and editing photos for a thread on our recent cruise on the Regal Princess . We will provide a link when we start . :) :D

I look forward to going through that journey with you. Have you got Pat's results yet? were they favourable? I hope so anyway.:D

I look forward to going through that journey with you. Have you got Pat's results yet? were they favourable? I hope so anyway.:D

We hope that you're hungry if go along , because we ate till we we were sleepy and slept until we were hungry . ;) But we did stop to take some photos along the way .

The surgeon was happy today and we meet with the GI doctor Thursday to set up a colonoscopy . On the downside , because of the internal scaring it will probably require the more invasive surgery .

We hope that you're hungry if go along , because we ate till we we were sleepy and slept until we were hungry . ;) But we did stop to take some photos along the way .

The surgeon was happy today and we meet with the GI doctor Thursday to set up a colonoscopy . On the downside , because of the internal scaring it will probably require the more invasive surgery .

Good news then. :D

The bad news is that recovery time in hospital and out will be longer. :(

Is that correct ? how will that affect your travel plans (If it does.) ?

Here's the first page from the pictorial review of our recent cruise on the beautiful Regal Princess .

All of our Princess cruises have been on the Caribbean Princess from Port Everglades ( http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094420 ) , and so we thought that a cruise on a Royal class ship would be a nice change .

36c7ea53-fe59-4d89-b395-39a223f75ac9_zpso4zpd2fb.jpg

We booked a Western Caribbean cruise on the Regal Princess leaving on Sunday , February 7th and returning a week later . Our stateroom was R - 734 , an aft view balcony cabin , and this would be our first trip as elite . When we arrived at 12:30 pm we expected to find a crowd like our first Caribbean Princess cruise .

DSC00150-001_zps96b8f65a.jpg

But there was no such crowd . And with the elite line we moved so fast that I didn't have time to pull my camera out ! When we entered the Atrium all I could think was WOW !

IMG_827420Stitch-001_zpsl7bwkxow.jpg

We ate lunch at Alfredo's Pizzeria on deck 6 .

Menu

DSC04114-001_zpsuy4hen8y.jpg

Antipasto Mari e Monti

DSC04120_zps8yk8vscz.jpg

Rollatadi Melanzane

DSC04122_zpsaynrcwk7.jpg

We thought that it was funny that we couldn't find anything with Alfredo sauce on the menu .

Click on the red link below to follow it to the Princess page and we hope that you will like it !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2320153

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Good news then. :D

The bad news is that recovery time in hospital and out will be longer. :(

Is that correct ? how will that affect your travel plans (If it does.) ?

Yes good news . As long as the tests continue to show good results ( more tests tomorrow ) we will move toward the surgery . The surgeon is aware of our travel plans and doesn't seem worried so we will see , but of course sooner is better as it allows more healing time . And Thank you for your continued concern and friendship Mic ! :) :D

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Yes good news . As long as the tests continue to show good results ( more tests tomorrow ) we will move toward the surgery . The surgeon is aware of our travel plans and doesn't seem worried so we will see , but of course sooner is better as it allows more healing time . And Thank you for your continued concern and friendship Mic ! :) :D

It has been a pleasure.

I look forward to the next review.:D

It has been a pleasure.

I look forward to the next review.:D

We did promise Nancy (perfect match ) a couple of months ago that we would be doing a thread comparing Celebrity and Princess . We hope to start that one as we get a little further along in the Princess thread . And speaking of Nancy , we haven't heard from her recently , and we do hope that she is doing well ! :) :D

perfectmatchclipart.jpg

Agreed.

Hope they both (pat and Nancy) do well:D

Thanks Mic , Pat is doing well and has a procedure scheduled for Tuesday with the GI Doctor and another meeting with the surgeon on March 8th . And if all goes well , he may set a date for reversal surgery at that time . Sooner is better as it allows more healing time before our next scheduled cruise on the Eclipse in June .

Thanks Mic , Pat is doing well and has a procedure scheduled for Tuesday with the GI Doctor and another meeting with the surgeon on March 8th . And if all goes well , he may set a date for reversal surgery at that time . Sooner is better as it allows more healing time before our next scheduled cruise on the Eclipse in June .

I hope that they do the surgery asap then, I knew you had another cruise and after surgery Pat may need ten weeks of recovery. In any case you will know in a few weeks.:D

I hope that they do the surgery asap then, I knew you had another cruise and after surgery Pat may need ten weeks of recovery. In any case you will know in a few weeks.:D

Us too . The surgeon says 6 weeks recovery , but then again , he's on the dull end of the scalpel . But we're trusting him , and we hope to have 12 weeks between the surgery and our flight .

After the sun had set we headed to solarium ( or should I lunarium ) . It was interesting to watch the wall of lights randomly change colors .

IMG_6069_zpsrw7yc1gn.jpg

IMG_5971_zpstkj1isz6.jpg

IMG_6067-001_zpsuonwy56p.jpg

While the hot tub beckoned

IMG_6062-001_zpserbbhs7a.jpg

We felt like we owned the place as everybody else seemed to be at dinner or the second show . After we finished our soaking session, we opened a bottle of our favorite wine in our cabin which we had been saving for years . And there , in the middle of the ocean , midway between Bermuda and the Azores , we enjoyed it and each others company on the starlit balcony . :) :D

This is an amazing thread. Thanks very much for your wonderful pictures and stories.

We did promise Nancy (perfect match ) a couple of months ago that we would be doing a thread comparing Celebrity and Princess . We hope to start that one as we get a little further along in the Princess thread . And speaking of Nancy , we haven't heard from her recently , and we do hope that she is doing well ! :) :D

perfectmatchclipart.jpg

I'm here! Sorry, I didn't mean to cause concern by my absence. I have been doing well, enough so I have been able to be a lot more active than I have been in a long time. The end result of that is that by the time this night person sits down at the end of the day to relax and read CC I fall asleep! :eek: I hope I am able to build up some stamina before our Freedom OTS cruise at the end of May. Otherwise, I may spend the entire cruise sleeping on our aft balcony. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, just very different than what I'm used to doing on a cruise.

I'm glad to hear Pat is doing well and is going to be having her surgery soon - even though it will most likely have to be the more invasive version. Hope her recovery goes quickly and you are able to enjoy your cruise in June. In the meantime, I will have to get on over to the Princess board to read your comparison review. Just not tonight because if I stay here much longer I'll be asleep again!

Once upon a time, I really used to enjoy flying, but in recent years - not so much! However, after seeing your in flight accomodations with the upgrade Pat found I think I could come to really enjoy flying again! :D