Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

This one looks like it has it's own moat .

IMG_5350_zpsj69c5lbu.jpg

The Eclipse in the distance

IMG_5360_zpsu0queobu.jpg

Looks like more rain

IMG_5367_zpsujxukvrc.jpg

The mighty Eclipse

IMG_5368_zpsrsyrnrvy.jpg

IMG_5376_zpsvjfijscj.jpg

The ferry terminal in the Dockyard

IMG_5378_zpsskhyuggn.jpg

She looks so topheavy, any sailing issues due to this?

We were concerned about the transportation running on island time and perhaps missing the boat , so we had very modest plan . Beginning with the world's smallest draw bridge .

6265bermudasailboatbridgepc_zpslihcy8ii.jpg

When opened , it has room for a single mast to wiggle through .

IMG_5487_zpsqwhqhoqq.jpg

The bridge doesn't go up , only the center , wood section is flipped up .

IMG_5497_zpswumyvhu3.jpg

While we were there we shot a video clip of a a small boat coming through the narrow opening:

Our next stop was here , and a hike up steep Gibb's Hill , to the lighthouse .

IMG_5537_zpsyd8rkl2m.jpg

IMG_5530_zpsjyxzszmt.jpg

IMG_5529_zpspiyrr37a.jpg

Oh my, I love lighthouses, so romantic and pictorial. I wonder what life was like for those in the past?

I just had to respond to this thread. I have read and looked at your pictures from page one. The pictures were simply amazing as well as the descriptions. We did the TA and Baltic in 2011 on the Emerald Princess and your SPB pictures brought back so many memories of some the sites that we got to see. I must say that you pictures have put mine to shame. Such a wonderful job. This time last year we did the Spanish Passage and Greek Isle cruise from Ft. lauderdale. This cruise was on the Royal Princess and we felt that it was just too big and balconies small. The two day post cruise in Barcelona was fantastic and would highly recommend. Then in Sept we did a cruise on on the Star Princess from Vancouver to San Francisco to Hawaii. This was mainly so that we could reach elite on Princess as we came up one day short on the previous cruise. We are now booked for a British Isle cruise and TA to Ft. Lauderdale this September on the Carribean Princess. This cruise is on DW's bucket list, but I'm sure that I will enjoy this one also. BTW - On the Baltic cruise Tallain was one DW's best places. Thanks again for the thread and wonderful cruise review.

Bob (Cruise-O-Matic)

I just had to respond to this thread. I have read and looked at your pictures from page one. The pictures were simply amazing as well as the descriptions. We did the TA and Baltic in 2011 on the Emerald Princess and your SPB pictures brought back so many memories of some the sites that we got to see. I must say that you pictures have put mine to shame. Such a wonderful job. This time last year we did the Spanish Passage and Greek Isle cruise from Ft. lauderdale. This cruise was on the Royal Princess and we felt that it was just too big and balconies small. The two day post cruise in Barcelona was fantastic and would highly recommend. Then in Sept we did a cruise on on the Star Princess from Vancouver to San Francisco to Hawaii. This was mainly so that we could reach elite on Princess as we came up one day short on the previous cruise. We are now booked for a British Isle cruise and TA to Ft. Lauderdale this September on the Carribean Princess. This cruise is on DW's bucket list, but I'm sure that I will enjoy this one also. BTW - On the Baltic cruise Tallain was one DW's best places. Thanks again for the thread and wonderful cruise review.

Bob (Cruise-O-Matic)

Hey Bob , we are sure glad that you enjoyed the photos and that you responded . You really made my day a lot brighter ! :cool:

You sure have had some great cruises on Princess , as have we . We were scheduled to do a west bound TA on the CB a couple of years ago with Mic and Rosie but my DW had an accident 3 weeks before that forced us to cancel . It looks like you will be doing the last 2 cruises on the CB in Europe since it will stay in Port Everglades next summer .

Your memories from your Baltic cruise brought back some good ones from our cruise there last summer on the Eclipse .

Here's the Emerald with her sister the Azura in SPB

IMG_0256_zpsiahbdww6.jpg

And here she is in Tallin with the Eclipse

IMG_0064-008_zps9jxrubur.jpg

The view of the Emerald from the Eclipse

IMG_0130-001_zpsv8nhtbkt.jpg

Tallin from the Eclipse

IMG_0054-001_zpsbzsbl0tq.jpg

I just had to respond to this thread. I have read and looked at your pictures from page one. The pictures were simply amazing as well as the descriptions. We did the TA and Baltic in 2011 on the Emerald Princess and your SPB pictures brought back so many memories of some the sites that we got to see. I must say that you pictures have put mine to shame. Such a wonderful job.

Bob (Cruise-O-Matic)

Bob's wonderful letter and memories has inspired me to share some of the highlights of our own Baltic cruise last year on the Eclipse . We hope that anybody who has been , is going or would like to go to the Baltic will enjoy this thread within a thread .

Our Baltic Itinerary

e1daa2d4-2364-404d-b959-0fda5ed5ccd6_zpszh1o9vxz.png

The Eclipse in Southamption

IMG_2735%20Stitch-001_zpspvhpsda3.jpg

A proper queue

DSC05701_zpsmuwvi6bj.jpg

We took our grandson Tyler with us (orange backpack )

DSC05704_zpsi5ja1h2t.jpg

DSC05707_zpsc7nr8xpm.jpg

Our rooms were not ready yet so we waited in the Sky Observation lounge

DSC05718_zpspcmi9e2j.jpg

so as of today a few couples on our roll call have been "bumped" from our TA cruise-their cabin given to someone else! this is not acceptable! they didn't have a choice either! had booked months ago and a specific cabin-not a guarantee!

Marsha

so as of today a few couples on our roll call have been "bumped" from our TA cruise-their cabin given to someone else! this is not acceptable! they didn't have a choice either! had booked months ago and a specific cabin-not a guarantee!

Marsha

Devestating news.

I wonder how many passengers are effected; not all passengers are on Cruise Critic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Marsha

That really stinks and is unacceptable ! There is no reason that a cruise line should overbook and we hope that this doesn't become a trend . And even if they did book a guarantee , what good is a guarantee if it's not fulfilled ?

Marsha

the reason given was that they were overbooked and picking "random" people to bump off the cruise...

Marsha

I don't even understand how this is possible. :mad:

When you book a cabin then that cabin no longer shows up as available.

How can 2 people book the same cabin?

Is it possible the people "bumped" were offered a move over package and took it and then just described themselves as "bumped"? :confused:

If they really were bumped they should go on Celebrity's Facebook page and make a big stink. That seems to be where things get noticed.

Devestating news.

I wonder how many passengers are effected; not all passengers are on Cruise Critic.

I took a quick look at their Roll Call and it seems to be 3 cabins from the CC group . And of course as you said they may be many more since the CC group is usually a minority .

I took a quick look at their Roll Call and it seems to be 3 cabins from the CC group . And of course as you said they may be many more since the CC group is usually a minority .

I too have been looking at their Roll Call and a thought struck me. The President's cruise is soon after Eclipse arrives in Southampton. I wondered if these cabins are being upgraded for 'corporate personnel?'

I don't even understand how this is possible. :mad:

When you book a cabin then that cabin no longer shows up as available.

How can 2 people book the same cabin?

Is it possible the people "bumped" were offered a move over package and took it and then just described themselves as "bumped"? :confused:

If they really were bumped they should go on Celebrity's Facebook page and make a big stink. That seems to be where things get noticed.

I do wish that Celebrity would explain how this happened in the first place . It should be their job to not overbook or offer move overs . On a TA there are many flights , reservations , and excursions involved that have to be cancelled , changed or lost as a result of their mistake .

We 're only 2 weeks out from a Alaska cruise on HAL with a guaranteed Neptune Suite to be assigned ( there are 8 on board , and they are all filled ) , but after this , who knows ? For the record : We don't want any changes .

I read an interesting article on CC that pertains to the people being bumped by Celebrity from their TA on the Eclipse.

Here's part of it :

It's written in the passage contract all cruisers agree to when they book a cruise; for example, Norwegian Cruise Lines' contract says, "In the event of strikes, lockouts, stoppages of labor, riots, weather conditions, mechanical difficulties or any reason whatsoever [italics added], NCL has the right to cancel, advance, postpone or substitute any scheduled sailing or itinerary without prior notice."

You can read the full article , " Could you be bumped from your next cruise ? " , here below

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=340