Post Cruise Stay In Miami

sartoken

We will be staying in Miami for 5 days after our cruise in November. This will be our first time visit to Miami. We will not be renting a car, but would like to do a Miami city tour, and tours to Key West and the Everglades. We would like to book a hotel room using Hotwire, but are unsure of which area of Miami to book the hotel in, that would be best suited for sightseeing and catching the tours from. Thank you.

Tours of the city and Everglades can be picked up downtown. But also if you stay in Miami beach/South Beach. For 5 days, I'd choose sobe.

You might think of adding An overnight in Key West if you are doing the bus down the keys. Otherwise 8 hours is spent driving. And not enough to explore Key West.

Lots of planning and researching to do.;)

The easiest way to spend time in KW is to rent a car and drive, as long as you understand that depending upon traffic the drive from Miami to KW will take 4-5+ hours each way. I would stay in South Beach for 2-3 days, then rent a car and drive to KW for a day or 2, and then return the car to the airport and fly out.

If you get to KW try to enjoy one meal at El Siboney - a casual, family run Cuban place I have been enjoying for 30+ years. :cool:

The easiest way to spend time in KW is to rent a car and drive, as long as you understand that depending upon traffic the drive from Miami to KW will take 4-5+ hours each way. I would stay in South Beach for 2-3 days, then rent a car and drive to KW for a day or 2, and then return the car to the airport and fly out.

If you get to KW try to enjoy one meal at El Siboney - a casual, family run Cuban place I have been enjoying for 30+ years. :cool:

I second this excellent advice.

Keep in mind, if there is an accident on US one through the keys, traffic will come to a grinding halt for a minimum of three hours. In Monroe county if there is a death, the coroner has to be present to move the body.

It has happened to me a bunch. On St. Patrick's Day it took seven hours for us to drive from Key West to Key Colony Beach which is only 50 miles.