Has anyone purchased the renewal of vows package?

Planefixer

I did - back in March of 2012 for our 5th Anniversary. It was incredible. Truly just amazing (it was just the two of us). Memories of a lifetime.

Funny, at the time, I thought the pricing was high. But, my DH had been hospitalized the Fall prior and was on F/T oxygen; and all he really wanted was that renewal. So, I bit the bullet and set it up. Unfortunately, my husband passed away last year, just a few weeks short of our 7th Anniversary. That Vow Renewal is an amazing memory I hold so very close.

I'm sure the packages may have changed; however, any questions at all, please let me know and I'll be happy to go through any details with you.

Happy Anniversary!!! :D

I just booked the vow renewal package for my parents on their upcoming June 6th Jewel cruise . It is $499 and includes the vow ceremony performed by a ship officer , renewal cake , champagne toast for the couple , a single red rose , a professional portrait, and the renewal certificate . We added cake and champagne for the guests and dinner at Le Bistro after the ceremony . You can set it up for any sea day except embarkation day .

I did - back in March of 2012 for our 5th Anniversary. It was incredible. Truly just amazing (it was just the two of us). Memories of a lifetime.

Funny, at the time, I thought the pricing was high. But, my DH had been hospitalized the Fall prior and was on F/T oxygen; and all he really wanted was that renewal. So, I bit the bullet and set it up. Unfortunately, my husband passed away last year, just a few weeks short of our 7th Anniversary. That Vow Renewal is an amazing memory I hold so very close.

I'm sure the packages may have changed; however, any questions at all, please let me know and I'll be happy to go through any details with you.

Happy Anniversary!!! :D

So sorry to hear that. Thank you so much for sharing that story. Very touching. God bless you...

I just booked the vow renewal package for my parents on their upcoming June 6th Jewel cruise . It is $499 and includes the vow ceremony performed by a ship officer , renewal cake , champagne toast for the couple , a single red rose , a professional portrait, and the renewal certificate . We added cake and champagne for the guests and dinner at Le Bistro after the ceremony . You can set it up for any sea day except embarkation day .

Thank you for taking time to reply.

Funny, I think my original marriage certificate in 1995 cost us about $15.

But, my wife is worth it. Anyone who can put up with me deserves something special. Unlike you, it's just the two of us.

I did it back in 2010 for our 25th anniversary. I too thought it was kind of expensive. I know it is not the same company now that it was when we did it. It cost me $550.00 but I will now tell you it was the best money I ever spent. I have no complaints, everything was great from start to finish. When we arrived at our cabin there was a message on our phone from our contact person on the ship and she said the Staff Captain would be renewing our vows and wanted to know if we would like to do them on the bridge at sunset instead of the room that it was scheduled to be in. She told us the only drawback to doing them on the bridge is we couldn't have our champagne toast on the bridge. There was a total of 8 of us (our children, friends and their children). When we got to the bridge the Staff Captain talked to us for a while and we were able to take pictures before, during and after the ceremony, he even kept having the staff wash the windows so we would have clear pictures of the sunset. He knew exactly when to start the ceremony so the sun was setting right behind us during our vows. After the ceremony and picures were done he walk us from the bridge to a section near the restaurant we were having dinner at and they had our cake and champagne set up. They told us were could stay there until it was time for our reservations and that we could have our cake served to us for dessert if we wanted. It was the best cake we ever had. They said it would feed 2 but we all had a little taste when we cut the cake before dinner and all had a larger piece after dinner and there was more almost a half of cake left! Any questions feel free to ask.

We have a vow renewal set up for the Breakaway in two weeks. Celebrating our 50th. It was $499 plus we added a photographer for $100 for one hour. Altogether there will be 8 of us. We are scheduled to do it on our son's aft Haven balcony, weather permitting, otherwise conference room which I'm hoping not. Just made payment today, they wanted it two weeks before. Was told cake will be enough for 8, they will be placing two pillars with artificial flowers on top on balcony for effect. Timeframe 6:00-6:30. Doesn't seem too long for the price and they don't give much either,but doing it anyway. Getting super excited. Had my outfit picked out for months.

• 1 month later...
We have a vow renewal set up for the Breakaway in two weeks. Celebrating our 50th. It was $499 plus we added a photographer for $100 for one hour. Altogether there will be 8 of us. We are scheduled to do it on our son's aft Haven balcony, weather permitting, otherwise conference room which I'm hoping not. Just made payment today, they wanted it two weeks before. Was told cake will be enough for 8, they will be placing two pillars with artificial flowers on top on balcony for effect. Timeframe 6:00-6:30. Doesn't seem too long for the price and they don't give much either,but doing it anyway. Getting super excited. Had my outfit picked out for months.

Back from cruise, everything was PERFECT, from music walking down small red carpet, exchanging of personal vows, rings, champagne toast and cake cutting, plus we danced to our wedding song. Weather was perfect so it was performed on our son's aft balcony. Very professional, there were two girls assisting. Only disappointment - an officer didn't perform ceremony, they had the assistant cruise director do it. It was fine with us, he did a great job. So worth every penny spent. Everyone, including our 17 & 14 years old granddaughter and grandson, were so touched by ceremony that I was told the only dry eye person was the person performing ceremony. All 8 of us now have wonderful memories of this event. I'm sure our grandkids will never forget this day.

Funny, I think my original marriage certificate in 1995 cost us about $15.

But, my wife is worth it.

This is so sweet. Your wife is one lucky woman.

The comment about the cost of your marriage license made me think. Our marriage license was $6.00 back in 1975. I don't know what marriage licenses cost now, but $6.00 divided by 40 years is .15 cents a year, :)

Back from cruise, everything was PERFECT, from music walking down small red carpet, exchanging of personal vows, rings, champagne toast and cake cutting, plus we danced to our wedding song. Weather was perfect so it was performed on our son's aft balcony. Very professional, there were two girls assisting. Only disappointment - an officer didn't perform ceremony, they had the assistant cruise director do it. It was fine with us, he did a great job. So worth every penny spent. Everyone, including our 17 & 14 years old granddaughter and grandson, were so touched by ceremony that I was told the only dry eye person was the person performing ceremony. All 8 of us now have wonderful memories of this event. I'm sure our grandkids will never forget this day.

Glad you had a great ceremony!! Just a note: the assistant cruise director as well as the cruise director are both ships officers. When you are on NCL ships if you find the ships photo gallery showing all officers you will find not only the Cruise Director but also the Concierge are listed as junior officers.

Glad you had a great ceremony!! Just a note: the assistant cruise director as well as the cruise director are both ships officers. When you are on NCL ships if you find the ships photo gallery showing all officers you will find not only the Cruise Director but also the Concierge are listed as junior officers.

Didn't know that, but it did say ceremony performed by an officer and not junior officer. Doesn't really matter now, the assistant cruise director did a good job.

LorraineP, thanks so much for this!

Planning this for our November cruise for my parents 50th. We have aft balconies as well but I want info on what other venues were offered? Do you have any idea? I have been waiting over a week for a response and getting anxious to find out various options for location and timing.

Also, if they don't want to do their own vows, did they offer a standard set to use?

Did they provide the music ( wedding song) or did you?

Finally, is a photographer automatically assigned?

Thanks soooo much!

Edited by conandrob240

LorraineP, thanks so much for this!

Planning this for our November cruise for my parents 50th. We have aft balconies as well but I want info on what other venues were offered? Do you have any idea? I have been waiting over a week for a response and getting anxious to find out various options for location and timing.

Also, if they don't want to do their own vows, did they offer a standard set to use?

Did they provide the music ( wedding song) or did you?

Finally, is a photographer automatically assigned?

Thanks soooo much!

Our son's aft balcony was in the Haven and it was very large. If it rained they said it would be in conference room. We did the standard vows, and immediately after that we then did our personal vows. They provided the entrance song but we had our wedding song on iPhone and our grandson had his speakers. If you want you can post your email here and I would be more than happy to send some pictures but don't feel comfortable posting them. Had to request the photographer for $100 when I found out that the picture they were giving with package was one from pictures they were taking around ship. With package no one was to take a picture.

Yeah, I am a bit worried about the conference room and really want to see it. Sounds ugly and sterile. That stinks about the photos. So, you mean you had to pay $100 for other photos? Or $100 just to have photographer attend?

I'll pm you my email. I'd love to see photos.

Thanks!

Yeah, I am a bit worried about the conference room and really want to see it. Sounds ugly and sterile. That stinks about the photos. So, you mean you had to pay $100 for other photos? Or $100 just to have photographer attend?

I'll pm you my email. I'd love to see photos.

Thanks!

Paid $100 for photographer for 1 hour, we were able to pick one photo for free and had to pay for rest. Our son purchased for us a $249 photo package for 20 photos plus paid $19.99 to have the purchased photos put on a USB drive. If we wanted all photos put on USB that he took it would have been $499 more, crazy expensive. They put 2 white pillars with white artificial flowers on balcony, and would do the same in conference room, plus gave me a white artificial bouquet to use, which was quite nice. Don't know what you mean "I'll pm you my email".