Traveling with 14 month old Grandchild

jeanandjim

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess in January. My DD and SIL are thinking about joining us. Their daughter will be 14 months old. We are aware the Youth center is not an option for one that young and no swimming allowed. I've done some searching on CC and Princess site, but I couldn't find anything current. If anyone has traveled with a little one, your help would be appreciated. Our questions include:

1) Can we reserve a crib, and how

2) I see where we can request baby food, but some early treads said you had to fax a list of what was wanted, still the case?

3) Can we request a high chair in the MDR

4) I thought we could pre-order/buy some Diapers, anyone know how?

And yes, I promise to not let her ruin your trip.

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess in January. My DD and SIL are thinking about joining us. Their daughter will be 14 months old. We are aware the Youth center is not an option for one that young and no swimming allowed. I've done some searching on CC and Princess site, but I couldn't find anything current. If anyone has traveled with a little one, your help would be appreciated. Our questions include:

1) Can we reserve a crib, and how

2) I see where we can request baby food, but some early treads said you had to fax a list of what was wanted, still the case?

3) Can we request a high chair in the MDR

4) I thought we could pre-order/buy some Diapers, anyone know how?

And yes, I promise to not let her ruin your trip.

Have never heard of pre ordering diapers from Princess.

Also if the parents of the child decide not to sail with you then a notarized permission letter signed by both would need to be brought with you. ;)

There is a standard form available online.

Someone has posted one here on CC before too.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We took our 16 month old on a Princess cruise. (1) She slept in a pack and play provided by Princess. It was set up across from the bathroom in the closet and she was quite happy there. (2) we didn't feed baby food, but I vaguely recall it was available on request. At that point she was happily eating solids already and we really had fun letting her try new foods off the regular menu. (3) Yes, the dining room has high chairs available. (4) I don't recall diapers being available. I just took them out of the package and packed them in between things in my suitcase. I have also heard of others buying them at the port city to carry on if you are there early enough.

Family board has lots of great ideas cruising with a toddler.

Bring any and all meds and more supplies than you think will be needed.

For diapers/wipes buy at your debarkation port or use them to fill in the holes in your luggage.