Regal vs. Royal Approval %'s

StanLaurel

So you're very well aware that, just because the Royal/Regal elevator situation works for those who don't need to use them doesn't mean it works for everyone. :)

Indeed. I've also seen the same issue on Queen Mary 2, when at that time the hallways and elevator lobbies at night became parking lots for scooters. I've heard the same at times about Holland-America too. Each cruise has its own issues, and the h/c accessible facilities and h/c accessible venues go mostly unnoticed unless you are either accompanying someone who uses them, or are trained by profession to recognize them. I commented in my Royal Princess review from Dec. 2013 that the elevators were an issue. Unfortunately I'm sure it's the same on most every cruise ship, except maybe the Oasis-class which have huge banks of nice, large elevators.

;)

Love the Royal/Regal , we will not sail on no other Princess ship.

There are those who are lucky enough to find that one ship, or a class of ships, that fits all (or most all) of the requirements that they have in a mental check-off list for what they need to be happy. For some it's the Celebrity Solstice-class, for others it's the Grand-class of Princess Cruises, NCL's Breakaway-class, the Independence-class of RCI, Holland-America's Vista-class, or the Dream-class of Carnival Cruise Lines. For me, it's the Royal-class of Princess Cruises. I know when I next set foot on one of those two ships it will be like 'coming home', just like when someone returns to Emerald Princess or Ocean Princess. From those first moments aboard when we take a deep breath and exhale, we feel completely relaxed and at peace.... it's comfortable and familiar, and like putting on an old pair of house slippers. If the shoe fits....;)

:D

Can someone clear up this mid ship stairs, or lack there of for me. I understand that there were usually stairs near the Piazza elevators, and I presume this is what is missing on Regal/Royal??? BUT you still have the wonderful circular stairs in the Piazza, so I don't get it???? Who doesn't LOVE to make an entrance on those stairs??? Seriously, I'm just happy and privileged to be on a cruise!:)

Can someone clear up this mid ship stairs, or lack there of for me. I understand that there were usually stairs near the Piazza elevators, and I presume this is what is missing on Regal/Royal??? BUT you still have the wonderful circular stairs in the Piazza, so I don't get it???? Who doesn't LOVE to make an entrance on those stairs??? Seriously, I'm just happy and privileged to be on a cruise!:)

I haven't been on the ship yet (will be on Royal on 26th June) but from what I have read there are only stairs going up as far as deck 7 (there are stairs but for crew/ emergency only). So beyond that only elevators midship to go up or down to higher decks

I haven't been on the ship yet (will be on Royal on 26th June) but from what I have read there are only stairs going up as far as deck 7 (there are stairs but for crew/ emergency only). So beyond that only elevators midship to go up or down to higher decks

Yes.

Thanks for clearing that up. I DO like to take the stairs but not going UP for ore than 5 flights. I stand by my statement...just happy to be cruising!!! If I have to wait for an elevator, it sure beats waiting in line at Publix!