Use of legally prescribed Marijuana on board

ghstudio

Why would you find it necessary to ruin someone's vacation for doing something that did not affect you. Would it make you feel good about yourself seeing them get carted out in handcuffs. Would you get some kind of pleasure in that? :confused:

It would be them ruining their own vacation. Personal responsibility. Remember that concept? I know it's rare nowadays. Yes, I would report it and no, I don't care what you or the actual guilty party feels about it.

It would be them ruining their own vacation. Personal responsibility. Remember that concept? I know it's rare nowadays. Yes, I would report it and no, I don't care what you or the actual guilty party feels about it.

What a concept!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

marijuana can also be "vaped". I thought about that, but I don't like vaping, hardly any affect, so why bother. Besides, there is an odor.

More and more those devices are being found unsafe and yes there is still the reek of MJ

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jeez Louise, have you ever heard of vetting your source? This guy was the best you could come up with?

Are you saying those arrests didn't happen?

And how many times must it be pointed out that different countries have different laws. What you consider a basic human right is not universally enshrined in every country's criminal code. Marijuana is illegal there. And they take that more seriously than in some parts of the States. It's not a shakedown. It's a fine for breaking the law. No one says you've got to like it. Just abide by the law in the country in which you find yourself. And be glad you aren't travelling to some of the places in Southeast Asia where you could find yourself looking at life in a squalid prison or even the death penalty.

That's exactly my point. I don't see why you don't get that.

If you're thinking of taking pot on your vacation, don't. Not at all. Not in your overnight bag, and not if you keep it in your cabin on the ship. Because they can (and do) board and search cabins while you are ashore. There is no 4th Amendment right against unreasonable search and seizure. There is no "my stuff is safe on the ship" or "expectation of privacy" in these countries.

But, it is a shakedown if they are targeting tourists on board, but not the sellers in the straw market, who openly offer pot to sell to people. They pull you in front of a judge and give you a choice, three months in jail or $500. You don't really have a choice, because it will cost you more than $500 to fight it.

Don't take pot on vacation with you. Agreed?

Because those other countries don't respect basic human rights the same we do, and they will arrest you under pretenses we would never allow. You don't have the same rights there. Agreed?

Our only disagreement is that most of you think it is just fine and dandy and a perfectly reasonable thing for them to do. I think it's deplorable.

marijuana can also be "vaped". I thought about that, but I don't like vaping, hardly any affect, so why bother. Besides, there is an odor.

The objectionable stench is why I don't think there will ever be pot smoking sections on board, even if the entire world legalizes it. And like regular smoking, I'd rather see the entire ship smoke free (but allow vaping to encourage smokers to switch over).