Did I miss something on the Harmony?

I took a good long look at ALL of the deck plans. I see ONE ocean view with balcony cabin that is not a mini-suite on this entire ship that has a sofa and a pullman. This just does not make sense to me. Is RC really forcing people to spend more for a mini-suite or connecting cabins in order to accommodate a family of 4 or more??? Or is this something that could change while the ship is still under construction? I would think the room configurations wouldn't change much from ship to ship but, this just doesn't seem right or smart if this is going to be the case.

Edited by ChiMimi69

I took a good long look at ALL of the deck plans. I see ONE ocean view with balcony cabin that is not a mini-suite on this entire ship that has a sofa and a pullman. This just does not make sense to me. Is RC really forcing people to spend more for a mini-suite or connecting cabins in order to accommodate a family of 4 or more??? Or is this something that could change while the ship is still under construction? I would think the room configurations wouldn't change much from ship to ship but, this just doesn't seem right or smart if this is going to be the case.

Looks correct to me. Many more with a sleep sofa. The prices are really good right now, price out connecting cabins. Wonder why that 1 balcony cabin got a Pullman?

I saw the same thing you did - only one balcony cabin with a pullman. It stinks as the sofa beds are uncomfortable, my kids don't want to share the same bed and the sofa bed takes up so much floor space.:mad:

Luckily my kids are getting older are are finally ready and willing (my youngest was not ready to be in a separate cabin, even connecting, until now) to have their own cabin.

I saw the same thing you did - only one balcony cabin with a pullman. It stinks as the sofa beds are uncomfortable, my kids don't want to share the same bed and the sofa bed takes up so much floor space.:mad:

Luckily my kids are getting older are are finally ready and willing (my youngest was not ready to be in a separate cabin, even connecting, until now) to have their own cabin.

It's really stupid, you know. A family of 4 literally couldn't sail on this ship once the ONE room was gone. Unless you shell out extra money for the junior suite (if there are any left to book!). :(

There aren't even inside rooms with Pullmans. I don't get it. :confused:

It's really stupid, you know. A family of 4 literally couldn't sail on this ship once the ONE room was gone. Unless you shell out extra money for the junior suite (if there are any left to book!). :(

There aren't even inside rooms with Pullmans. I don't get it. :confused:

The more I think of it the more I think that maybe there's an error with legend. I mean why would they have only ONE balcony cabin with a pullman - like, why bother???:confused:

I would email RCI to ask but somehow I don't think they would have the answer anyway:rolleyes:

I just checked in cruisingpower, and you are mostly correct that there are not many with sofabed + pullman as outside balconies.

I only seen 4 cabins total and they are the FS (family balconies) cat. They are mid ship. 1 on each side of deck nine, and 1 on each side of deck 10.

as you noted, the balconies otherwise only have sofabeds to handle extra passengers.

I went through a few months worth of sailings, and still haven't found a sailing in which one is still available. I guess these cabins will take some serious planning ahead and timing to get one.

I noticed with the newer ships it's hard to find a room for 4 which has the Pullman and sofa. Most of them now have the sofa. I think it's because they want you to book 2 rooms as opposed to 1. When I was trying to book Quantum I ended up needing 2 rooms since there was no way my sons would sleep in the same bed. since I couldn't afford the 2 rooms, we cruised a different ship.

I don't know how many there are, buy I just booked a D3 for five people on Harmony for Feb/18/17. It is room number 11538, it has a sofa and a pullman. Was told by my TA that is was the last one.

Yes, that the ONE! Not just the last one but ONLY one!

11538 is the only standard balcony cabin with a pullman as noted by the diamond symbol on the Harmony of the Seas. In fact, I just went back and reviewed the deck plans again and NO cabins in standard balcony and below category have pullmans except this ONE! If you want a pullman in a standard room and you can't get 11538 then you will have to book a family room or a suite or deal with a sofa bed. Wow. Guess the bean counters thought this was a great idea but all it's going to do is push families away from this ship.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

With the current 30% offer, it works out to be only a few hundred more to get two connecting balcony staterooms instead of one. The 30% off is only on the first 2 guests in the room. Would that be feasible for you? That was totally worth it to me to get two bathrooms for the week!

With the current 30% offer, it works out to be only a few hundred more to get two connecting balcony staterooms instead of one. The 30% off is only on the first 2 guests in the room. Would that be feasible for you? That was totally worth it to me to get two bathrooms for the week!

That's what I just did - booked 2 cabins on B2B. Cost me about an extra $500 per week. And same cabins both weeks.