Constellation cabin choice

mugwood

Hi,

Just booked constellation cabin 1125 on the spur of the moment.

Soon found out it may not be the best location due to the basketball courts.

Would I be bette r trying to move to cabin 1131 or 1135?

Any advice would be appreciated.

The best cabins are the three rear facing on deck 11 which have larger overhangs and for the middle three, much larger balconies.. Other than that, the usual caveats apply...watch what's above you. Deck 11 is very quiet...although there have been recent reports that they are using deck 12 for movies? which would likely mean chair scraping as they set up, run the movie, and take down the space. Not sure if this is on all the m class ships or just was on one cruise.

Hi,

Just booked constellation cabin 1125 on the spur of the moment.

Soon found out it may not be the best location due to the basketball courts.

Would I be bette r trying to move to cabin 1131 or 1135?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Mugwood,

I just checked Connie's deck plans. As best as I can tell, 1125 should not be directly under the basketball court. Hopefully, another member can confirm this.

If you wish to take extra precaution, you might consider switching to 1131, as it would make you somewhat more distant from the court, and the possibility of noise concerns.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise !

thanks for the prompt replies, it's appreciated.

Will mull it over for a day or two, by that time the other cabins will be away, thus removing my need to make any decision.

Well,that's what normally happens:)

Celebrity very helpfully change my cabin to 1135, so we will see if I have panicked unnecessarily or not in a few weeks.

I'll post a cabin review on my return for the benefit of others.

We got off Connie yesterday.

Cabin 1124. Practically ideal.

The rooms with lower numbers on our side had the service doors but I don't know if there was a lot of noise.

The big problem for me was the slamming of the door down to the deck. Nearly shook me off the bed when reading - vibrated certainly as far as us. A lot of the time in the early morning, it seemed to be the staff. Greasy black handmarks as they left by the other end. So take away the cabins at both ends and the ones near the service door and there are not a lot left.

Never heard a lot of noise from above. People do jog up there though but I am also out so can't tell you.

Bizarrely, flushing toilets from next door too. Cabins not very sound proofed. Sure Silhouette was silent.

The rooms with lower numbers on our side had the service doors but I don't know if there was a lot of noise.

The big problem for me was the slamming of the door down to the deck. Nearly shook me off the bed when reading - vibrated certainly as far as us. A lot of the time in the early morning, it seemed to be the staff. Greasy black handmarks as they left by the other end. So take away the cabins at both ends and the ones near the service door and there are not a lot left.

Never heard a lot of noise from above. People do jog up there though but I am also out so can't tell you.

Bizarrely, flushing toilets from next door too. Cabins not very sound proofed. Sure Silhouette was silent.

Thanks for the feedback.

I got a move to cabin 1128, the reason for the move to even numbers was the reports that the odd numbers were above the smoking section of the rear bar.

Thanks for the feedback.

I got a move to cabin 1128, the reason for the move to even numbers was the reports that the odd numbers were above the smoking section of the rear bar.

On the Constellation, smoking is no longer allowed at the Sunset Bar, and has not been since last November. Point is now moot!

Edited by gimletgal

That is reassuring.

However, if I hadn't moved, I wouldn't have posted and you wouldn't have replied. In that scenario I would have continued to stress until I boarded the boat.

So I am still pleased that I moved.:cool:

• 1 month later...

The cabin is pretty good.

As another poster mentioned, no longer an issue with smoke from the bar below. Although a nearby cabin was using the balcony for smoking:mad:

Location wise? It is a quick jump to ocean view,

blu is at the same end on level five, so elevator trip and you are there.

Pretty quiet location too, exit doors didn't prove an issue for us, but there was some disturbance from early morning joggers(6am) and it isn't even on the recognised track?

There is constant vibration from the engine though, you forget about it most of the time though.

The short overhang isn't a problem, it's a bonus as you can get more sunshine at times.

Wasn't disappointed in it to be honest and would accept it again.

We had the same noise from flushing toilets too, on deck 6. It was the only noise we heard from our neighbours, apart from the cabin door closing. They were considerate about not flushing the toilet during the night and we did the same. :)