Beach Towels - Canada/New England

NickAndysMom

Hoping someone who's been on a Holland America Canada/New England cruise can answer this question. . .

We will be on the Maasdam this summer. While in PEI, we plan to visit several beaches. We won't necessarily be "swimming", but plan to at least wade in the water (weather permitting). Does Holland America provide beach towels on the Canada/New England cruise, as they do in the Mediterranean & Caribbean? I know they're not necessary in most Canadian/New England ports, but it sounds like beach-going is a popular activity in PEI.

Thanks for any input!

Yes, there will be beach towels at both pools. You can use an HAL towel on a local beach but be sure to return it. In the Caribbean, they hand out beach towels at the gangway but not so on the Canada/NE cruises.

I have to say

That's a great itinerary we've done many times and love. Have a great cruise. :)

Yes, there will be beach towels at both pools. You can use an HAL towel on a local beach but be sure to return it. In the Caribbean, they hand out beach towels at the gangway but not so on the Canada/NE cruises.

I have to say

That's a great itinerary we've done many times and love. Have a great cruise. :)

They went to the striped towels in your stateroom for the Caribbean. IIRC, there art no longer towels when you're getting off the ship.

Thanks to both of you for the information. I will plan to pick up towels at the pool for our use at the beach (& be sure to return them).

I've been looking forward to this cruise. I've been to a few of the ports on land trips in the past, but several of them are new to me, so that will be fun. Ideally, would prefer to take this trip in the Fall when the colors are changing, but we still have to take our kids' school schedules into account for a few more years!

They placed striped HAL beach towels in our room during the FFL to Montreal cruise in early May (we never used them). You have to return (to your cabin steward) or they charge you for losing it. I think they started this a year or so ago.

Thanks KK. Those are the beach towels I was referring to. If you use them, you can leave them on the floor of the bathroom and your cabin stewards will replace them. They're much nicer than the old gangway towels - but be sure to bring them back to the ship with you.

There are still towels by the pool, but you're not supposed to take them ashore.

They placed striped HAL beach towels in our room during the FFL to Montreal cruise in early May (we never used them). You have to return (to your cabin steward) or they charge you for losing it. I think they started this a year or so ago.

We never used the towels as there was still snow on the banks and ice in the water. We would have had hypothermia in minutes:eek: Bad enough we had Noro for 15 days...

Sue, did YOU have noro for 15 days, or was the ship in code red for 15 days. Either way, not fun, but I'm hoping it was the latter, not the former!

:eek: I was thinking the same thing.

Edited by sail7seas

If I am correct, the ship was in Code Red for the Noro Virus for all 15 days.

I was on the cruise. We had 13 of the 15 days in Code Red. The 2 non-code red were in the middle of the cruise.