Belize beaches question

bluejay555

OK, it might be too late for me to book anything anyway, but I'm regretting not making plans in Belize. Is there anyone out there who can give a recent review/pics of Starfish Island? I've read such mixed reviews! I'm leaning toward this because it's a carnival excursion. Goff's Caye looks amazing, but I'm nervous about having to catch a tender back to the ship. It will be me, my mother, and my kids, ages 8 and 10.

You have to catch a tender for Starfish Island as well. And you'll need to tender to the tender pier and back to the ship. If you're booking a ship sponsored excursion to Goff's Caye or Starfish, the tender will pick you up at the ship and bring you back to the ship.

Look for reviews of Bannister Island, it got renamed to Starfish Island but I didn't notice any real change. BTW this is a private island and you need to do an excursion to get there.

Edited by zqvol

Thanks! So if Starfish Island is purchased as a carnival excursion, a tender will take us from the ship, right? We don't have to tender to the shore, then catch a tender to the beach, correct? And does anyone know if there is a limit to amount of guests? I'm wondering if it's going to be packed with people? The pics make it look like a rather small place. I'm leaning toward booking it if it's still available....

Not sure about Starfish Island because I've never been but if you want a nice beach thing then consider Goff's Caye. It's kind of rustic so if you need a bunch of amenities you might be disappointed but it's an awesome little place. You can just book at the tender drop off so if weather is bad you can just go to plan B.

Don't buy into the fear of not getting back on time to catch a tender. These places know that if they got you back late and you missed your ship it would be all over this and other message boards and they would be out of business. They'll get you back so don't worry about that part of it.