Enchantment of the Seas Photo Review May 29-June 1st 3 night

Sorry it has been a few days, I will finish the review right now.

At 2pm, we found a RCL sponsored volleyball tournament and decided to join in. It was a blast!

We headed back on the tender at around 3pm with last call being 4:30pm.

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

We headed to grab a snack at the windjammer before our Chops dinner and then headed to the room to rest for a few minutes.

We got ready for Chops then headed to the blackjack tournament (which got cancelled due to lack of participants). Since the tournament was cancelled, you may as well play some blackjack since you are there! I can't remember if I mentioned but the tables were HOT for me this trip, I walked away with over $500.

We headed to our 6:30pm Chops reservation and were greeted and promptly seated at a window seat. Our waiter came over and immediately recognized me from my 2013 Brilliance sailing 2 years prior! He was right, he was my Chops waiter on Brilliance! We chatted for a while about life back home, him providing for his family, and his absolute love for his job. As any RCL or cruising veteran knows, the crew member stories are amazing. I have no idea how after 2 years, he recognized me!

Our meal was perfect and the new menu was great. (New as in new and updated from the last time I was there). Service was spectacular. He mentioned Chops was at capacity and there was a waiting list for the evening, it seemed empty but as we were leaving, every table was full. With Chops at capacity, we still received impeccable service.

I highly recommend the following:

- Maryland Crab Cake - I am very picky with my crab cakes and tend to not like most of them due the the 'fishy' flavor but all three Chops visits I have done, I always get it and it never disappoints!

- Filet mignon - How can you go wrong here?!

- Tater Tots - I can't recall the exact name but they are far from ordinary and delicious!

- Red Velvet Cake - nothing else on the menu seems to matter as much...

After dinner, we walked around, felt the vibe of the music all around and people watched.

My buddy headed to bed and I headed to walk around until around 1am as it was our last night.

The next morning we had to leave the ship :-( - After eating at the windjammer (Which has a much more limited selection on disembarkation day) we did the self carry as it seemed like most of the ship did. This makes perfect sense due to it being a 3 day and people aren't packing as much.

Customs was a breeze and we were off to our car to head back to Orlando for work...

We managed to get a round of golf in before our conference started!

IMG_0591.jpg

Thanks for reading and following along, if you have any questions, I am happy to answer them.

Overall I was expecting a 3 night cruise to go by way too quick but it seemed like a great quick getaway. I know for sure that if I lived within driving distance, this would be a frequent vacation of mine. There is little to compare to a 'standard' 7 night cruise but I really enjoyed the trip overall.

Sailing on The Enchantment of the Seas next week and was wondering about the Wifi on the ship, will I be able to use my phone for internet use on the ship?

Yes, you can use the ship's internet from your phone, but you will have to purchase a WiFi package.

Staterooms weren't ready until 1:15pm as always on embarkation day, you head up to the Windjammer. Surprisingly, it was 11:55am and the Windjammer was closed! I have never seen the buffet closed on embarkation day at crunch time! (Keep reading for the reason why) There was a large line forming so we checked the opening times for the Park Cafe in the Solarium which said it opened at noon. We arrived at noon and it didn't actually open until 12:30 and there was no line for the full 30 minutes we waited. We waited in the Solarium while overlooking the Disney and Carnival ships that were in port with us.

After waiting for the Solarium to open, we saw that the USPH (United States Public Health a department of the CDC) had boarded the ship and were doing a VERY thorough inspection. There were about 5 officers following around the inspector that was inspecting the Park Cafe frantically writing notes and looked very stressed out. (The USPH inspection was likely the reason for the Windjammer and Park Cafe delay)

We personally watched the USPH officer check food temperature, refrigerator temperature, look through all food in the glass coolers, as well as inspect most of the silverware, plates, and cups. Wow!

My friend managed to get a picture (With me in it) of the USPH inspector:

IMG_0488.jpg

On our 'Sea morning' to Nassau I rode the elevator with the Hotel Director who was with the USPH officer and I asked how the inspection went. He said it went flawless, just a couple points dinged for an exposed pipe in one of the galleys. He said the Enchantment normally gets inspected twice a year and they haven't been onboard for 14 months so this time they did an extra careful inspection and he said he was proud of his staff. Congratulations to the staff!

After eating, our staterooms were ready. We were able to snag an Oceanview for a great price with $150 OBC to split. We chose stateroom 3586 which is in the 'new' section of the Enchantment and the rooms looked very nice, especially the bathroom.

We were VERY disappointed on how dirty the windows were in our stateroom which were not cleaned (Inside or outside) the entire time we were on the ship. The only thing that wasn't up to par on this ship were the windows were so dirty everywhere onboard, not just our stateroom. I don't recall a single window onboard that was cleaned. On other Royal ships, especially the Oasis & Brilliance, every window was perfect.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

For those who are curious about the letter in the staterooms about the Gold Crown and Anchor offers that are loaded onto your Seapass card, see below:

IMG_0493.jpg

Did you know before you booked that you would have an updated room or was it just luck?