Enchantment of the Seas Photo Review May 29-June 1st 3 night

Day 2 Observations

1. The sea morning was great - really enjoyed it - we passed coco cay on the way to Nassau and saw the Majesty very close by moored
  2. Passengers are very friendly onboard, something unique about a short cruise?
  3. We watched people walk to the ships for a while while in port in the evening (around 11pm) while taking pictures, all the drunk ones staggered to the Carnival ship
  4. Formal night is pointless in my opinion on such a short sailing - with that said, formal night is much less 'formal' than typical 7 night sailings. You will be fine in dress slacks and a nice polo

IMG_0530.jpg

We woke up and headed to the Windjammer for breakfast. Tenders opened around 8am and we didn't leave until around 9:30am when the made the page to head down now because it was about to get busy.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

This was my first time to CoCo Cay and I really enjoyed it. (Comparisons to Labadee will follow shortly)

We brought our own snorkel gear with us (Which I highly recommend). I am an avid Scuba Diver and my buddy enjoys snorkeling and we couldn't bring ourselves to rent gear or do an excursion and pay the high prices. My buddy went to Costco and bought a complete set of gear including fins for $39 and rental alone was $30 and the gear at Costco (That you could keep at the end of it) was better quality! (I think it may have been $40 to rent the gear).

There were signs that a life vest was required to snorkel but we ignored those and went on our way. I saw plenty of people who were not good in the water and didn't have the relaxation part of snorkeling down so I see why the vest requirement is there. If you are unsure, wear a vest.

I was surprised to see an area for snorkelers set up unlike Labadee. There were simulated plane and boat wrecks and life guards everywhere you could see throughout the snorkel area with access to jet skis incase of an emergency.

IMG_0537.jpg

Getting off the tender at CoCo Cay:

IMG_0540.jpg

I love reading reviews about the Enchantment. I've been on her 9 times with a B2B coming up next month. I'm going to miss the Enchantment when she heads to Miami.

You're doing a great job. Keep them coming.

The enchantment is a fine ship and will look good sailing out of Miami...

That said, which ship is going to replace her in Port canaveral?

We were the only ship at CoCo today and you could see NCL's private island with one of their ships right next door. The weather again was spectacular.

Plenty of beach chairs to be had anywhere you looked:

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

This next picture has a story... I, as did all the others around, were laughing uncontrollably hard.

The guy in the hat got his nice meal from the buffet and was enjoying it when out of nowhere an iguana ran down a tree and JUMPED on his chair and grabbed the rib bone out of his hand. He hung on tight to the bone and shrieked! The iguana gave up. For now. After a couple more minutes of watching, the iguana ran back at him and he yelled and grabbed his plate and coke and about fell over while nearly knocking those around him over. It was historical!

IMG_0545.jpg

Here are more views of CoCo Cay:

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Edited by Kdamghani

The Oasis is going to replace the Enchantment out of PC. She will do 7 night sailings, not 3/4 night like the Enchantment. The Enchantment will do 3/4 night sailings out of Miami.

Rhapsody will replace Enchantment but not until 6 months after Enchantment leaves.

The Oasis is going to replace the Enchantment out of PC. She will do 7 night sailings, not 3/4 night like the Enchantment. The Enchantment will do 3/4 night sailings out of Miami.

Not quite. Oasis will replace Freedom in PC. Freedom goes to Port Everglades.

Oasis and the Freedom will be swapping ports. Rhapsody is replacing Enchantment.

So here are my observations and comparisons between RCL's two private islands of CoCo Cay and Labadee. You may agree or disagree, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Labadee hands down is more beautiful with the private cabanas and feels much more secluded and tropical. Not to say CoCo Cay isn't pretty, it is wonderful, I just prefer Labadee more.

CoCo Cay is very easy to walk and navigate as is Labadee but in CoCo Cay, everything seems to be easier to get to and smaller.

One thing Labadee is missing is a dedicated snorkling zone. My wife and I took our gear to Labadee and snorkeled a beach and were the only ones who did, in CoCo Cay, everybody seemed to be snorkling. It was a lot of fun to snorkel CoCo Cay.

I didn't try the CoCo LoCo I am sad to say, did I miss anything good?

Overall I think I prefer Labadee more because I am a sucker for pristine beauty of islands and that had a more tropical feel to it. I would not however hesitate to revisit CoCo Cay in the near future :)

Barefoot beach is really cool, people were walking out about 1/4 of a mile or so and were standing in ankle deep water, a great area for little kids of all ages to play (With supervision):

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

Not quite. Oasis will replace Freedom in PC. Freedom goes to Port Everglades.

Ah yes, good catch. To my knowledge there will be no 3/4 night for a while out of PC until Rhapsody?

Edited by Kdamghani

Good night, I will be back with the rest of CoCo Cay and Chops as well as Day 4, disembarkation tomorrow!

I did forget to mention on Day 2, Nassau, the midnight buffet on the pool deck was awesome! Very crowded and everybody was partying hard. They had a DJ that seemed to get everybody going, it was a great vibe. The buffet was great and totally different than the windjammer food.

I miss the old days of cruising when every sailing had a midnight buffet, this reminded me of cruising 10 years ago!

We had a blast and this was a great feature of the sailing. If you are not a night owl, take a nap and don't miss the midnight buffet and sail away party out of Nassau!

So here are my observations and comparisons between RCL's two private islands of CoCo Cay and Labadee. You may agree or disagree, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Labadee hands down is more beautiful with the private cabanas and feels much more secluded and tropical. Not to say CoCo Cay isn't pretty, it is wonderful, I just prefer Labadee more.

CoCo Cay is very easy to walk and navigate as is Labadee but in CoCo Cay, everything seems to be easier to get to and smaller.

One thing Labadee is missing is a dedicated snorkling zone. My wife and I took our gear to Labadee and snorkeled a beach and were the only ones who did, in CoCo Cay, everybody seemed to be snorkling. It was a lot of fun to snorkel CoCo Cay.

I didn't try the CoCo LoCo I am sad to say, did I miss anything good?

Overall I think I prefer Labadee more because I am a sucker for pristine beauty of islands and that had a more tropical feel to it. I would not however hesitate to revisit CoCo Cay in the near future :)

Barefoot beach is really cool, people were walking out about 1/4 of a mile or so and were standing in ankle deep water, a great area for little kids of all ages to play (With supervision):

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to write this enjoyable review. We have sailed the Enchantment previously and have a few more booked on her before she moves to Miami. Your review is bringing back some great memories.

I am wondering if you can tell me where the dedicated snorkeling area is on Coco Cay. We travel with our own snorkel equipment and would love to try snorkeling there.

Thanks for taking the time to write this enjoyable review. We have sailed the Enchantment previously and have a few more booked on her before she moves to Miami. Your review is bringing back some great memories.

I am wondering if you can tell me where the dedicated snorkeling area is on Coco Cay. We travel with our own snorkel equipment and would love to try snorkeling there.

You can't miss it, just ask any staff member when you get off the tender. We walked into the shore excursion building to ask where it was and they were not thrilled to give me information but pointed to its general location. Pretty much follow the crowd and you will find it. There is a great map which I would have liked to have seen before we went in the water (Not that you can get lost but would have been beneficial). The map is a large wooden sign that is located next to the snorkeling orientation area. We didn't realize there was a deeper area to snorkel until after we were done and saw the map. The main snorkeling area is only about 3-8ft deep and mostly 4-6ft so you can stand if you need to.

I was traveling with my business partner who is also a good friend as we had a conference in Orlando that started Monday night and ended Wednesday night so why just go when required? Why not add a 3 night cruise?

We wish our wives could have joined us but having a 11month old on a ship didn't sound like a great plan.

Your wife sounds like a keeper :) -- Only a really incredible wife lets her husband cruise without her and single-parents for a week while you're gone! :) I hope you did something really nice for her when you got home!

Great review - fun to read! :rolleyes:

Great review! My husband and I are going on the 3 night cruise in a few weeks. :)

You referenced your room was in the "new" section of Enchantment - is there a specific block of rooms that are newly refurbished? (There's probably a topic chain about that somewhere, but I couldn't find it quickly) Just wondered if a certain grouping of rooms were refurbished while others were not?

Thank you for sharing your review!

You referenced your room was in the "new" section of Enchantment - is there a specific block of rooms that are newly refurbished? (There's probably a topic chain about that somewhere, but I couldn't find it quickly) Just wondered if a certain grouping of rooms were refurbished while others were not?

Enchantment was 'stretched' during refurb in 2005. The mid-section of the ship is the 'new' section. I'm not sure of exact room #s but I'm sure you can find them. At this point, even the new rooms are 10 years old. But in all honesty, we were in a JS in October in the 'old' section and the rooms were great. Yes it shows some age but they take good care of the ship. Our only surprise was the 'windows' which has already been mentioned here :)

... is there a specific block of rooms that are newly refurbished?...

The new staterooms added in the 2005 stretch are those ending with 068 to 082 and 568 to 582, adding the deck # for the first digit. Also inside staterooms added are those ending in 877 to 881 on decks 3 and 4.

The new staterooms added in the 2005 stretch are those ending with 068 to 082 and 568 to 582, adding the deck # for the first digit. Also inside staterooms added are those ending in 877 to 881 on decks 3 and 4.

I guess we were in the old section! We were 3586. I thought that was the new, my goof, the room looked great for being in the 'old' section.

Also, sorry for the delay in the rest of the review, coming soon! Work has been busy!