Are the regular Caribbean Ports of Call

kruisey

Wow. That is a tough question. Good one tho. Yes, with the main ports, St. Thomas, St martin, Cozumel, Grand Caymen, with the hundreds of little shops, BUT, at the same time they are still Carribean Islands. The landscaping is so lush, and the colors are so brilliant and There is so much to see of the natural Island. the color of the water is magnificent. Most of the time,The Islanders are friendy, and hoping you will buy, or take a tour with them. Most are poor.If they should get a little excited, a firm no, with a smile, gets you on your way. I sail with my grandchildren, and I see through their eyes. It isn't the states. They see different cultures. The way they live, and the crafts they make. All the islands are different in their own way, even tho they look the same to us. They see differend birds, flowers, crawley things. I hope you see what I am trying to say. Even tho we sail the Carribean, each time we port, it is different. We don't look for the same things, we have seen before. Sue

7 Days on The Star Princess OCTOBER,24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=24>

<param name="hour" value=05>

</applet>

I'm going to the Caribbean for the first time on May 1st. I'm so excited. Yes, I know it will be tourist-trappish, but I don't care. It's someplace I've never been before, the water will be gorgeous (even though I cannot swim in it, I can appreciate it), and I love palm trees.

We just won't be there long enough to really appreciate the deeper beauty....

JJ

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04

Star Princess 5/24/03

Sun Princess 6/12/00

Carnival Fantasy 1/18/98

I'm just glad I explained it o.k. I felt like I was rambling. A lot of people say all ports are the same, but I don't look at it that way. Even if you hit the same port, you still find something new and interesting. I guess you just have to look for it. Have a wonderful cruise. Sue

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

</applet>

sue d. miller>>>very well said. Your explanation hits home to me. Love to sail out of Old San Juan, and stay in the "old city" pre-cruise. Never, never get tired of walking the streets. As was told to me about OSJ, "You can walk down the same street 100 times, and see something different 100 times." icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;1;22;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Serenade of the Seas

There are so many different ports-of-call in the Caribbean with a variety of history and offerings that it's incredibly hard to come up with a list.

Many have great charm, some are incredibly poor, others are very commercial.

My favorites are Curacao, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Johns (from St. Thomas) and in the Western Caribbean, Belize. I haven't been to Aruba but I understand that's great as well. I liked Grenada, Trinidad and Isla Margarita the least.

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03.

-- Regal Princess (4/20/04) -- Roll Call

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05)

Pam, I would love to sail to all of those islands. I guess I am cheap because I don't want to fly to San Juan. I would rather spend the money. I am hoping that someday a Princess ship will go southern fron Ft. Lauderdale. Sue

</applet>

Great Post. I hate it when I hear, "Seen one island, seen 'em all!" I've heard this so many times, especially about Hawaii. We LOVE Hawaii and consider each island to be very different from another. They each have a special place in our hearts and the Hawaiian people are just the greatest. This summer we will visit the Caribbean. We'll not compare but enjoy each island for its own uniqueness.

Agree with you Bucky3 I love Hawaii.The islands are all different.I was very impressed with the

'Place of Refuge' in Kona a holy place for the Hawaii people it certainly affected me when I was on that soil.A very special place indeed.

Then the Botanical Gardens in Hilo which ends at the sea.What a wonderful place so very beautiful.The native people are wonderful they seem at peace with themselves.

Archived