What to do after cruise in San Juan?

psadvocate

Lots of info at the San Juan, PR boards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

I think you can store your luggage at the Sheraton, which is literally right across the street from the port, and then just walk around OSJ.

If you show your ship's card at the hotel, you can get a discount on a meal. :)

http://sheratonoldsanjuan.com/airport-cruise-port-info.html

Our flight isn't until 6pm after we disembark - is there such thing as a post cruise excursion? How late would I be able to stay on the boat? Sailing on the Liberty in November, flying out of San Juan

I don't know about San Juan but I have seen post cruise excursions. On the CCL sight you can click on manage my cruises then click on plan excursions and at the top of the browsers below the Web address should be each day. Click on San Juan and it will pull up any excursions offered that day.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Our flight isn't until 6pm after we disembark - is there such thing as a post cruise excursion? How late would I be able to stay on the boat? Sailing on the Liberty in November, flying out of San Juan

After our cruise, we did the Rain Forest excursion. We also had a 6 pm flight. Carnival got our luggage to the airport staging area for the agriculture screening. So, after the 3 hour excursion and with to and from travel, we got to the airport at about 1:30. There were a couple of semi-decent places to eat and we killed the rest of the time watching people trying to find places to plug in their electronic devices. What a sight seeing groups of ten people hovering over an eight plug wall outlet! "You done yet?"

After our cruise, we did the Rain Forest excursion. We also had a 6 pm flight. Carnival got our luggage to the airport staging area for the agriculture screening. So, after the 3 hour excursion and with to and from travel, we got to the airport at about 1:30. There were a couple of semi-decent places to eat and we killed the rest of the time watching people trying to find places to plug in their electronic devices. What a sight seeing groups of ten people hovering over an eight plug wall outlet! "You done yet?"

lol same here.

OP if you are staying somewhere in SJ night before the cruise, some properties welcome you back for a few hours pre flight with fee to use facilities. have read posts where people just stop at an OF resort and have lunch & walk about the resort, checking luggage with bell services.

Edited by keishashadow

When we were on the Victory, Carnival did offer a couple different post cruise excursion in San Juan. We opted for the rain forest tour in El Yungue. It worked out great! Nice tour and Carnival handled all of your luggage for you and even provided your transfer to the airport. They also offer some Old San Juan tours and some Bacardi tours as well. You can also store your luggage at Barrachina's restaurant for a small fee (like $1 a bag).