Liberty's Memorial Day Review (photo heavy) - Including Extra Days in San Juan!!

trippingpara

Ok, courtesy of Oliviaik's outstanding video of this cruise (we even did a tour together in St. Kitts), I am now working on a video. It was supposed to be a quick short one that just hits the highlights...well....apparently, I'm not known for being quick...or short...

However, this video will feature photos and video not previously shown on this here thread. It will also highlight some photos of the Liberty as well. So please stay tuned as I try to figure out how to upload a video.

Edited by trippingpara

Ok, so here is my video. Its a bit on the long side (would you expect anything less of me???). My recommendation is to grab your favorite cocktail (or two!), kick back and relax and enjoy the view.

Sorry, but I couldn't seem to get the YouTube button to work so I had to link the video old school. Yep, that's the way I roll!

Once lunch was safely ensconced in our bellies, cries of joy could be heard as one by one, everyone started jumping back into the beautiful waters and frolicking around like children. I cannot think of anything better then laughing and playing with the two greatest women I know and this was one of those perfect times!

P5270170-1.jpg

It seemed like only seconds later, the call came out to climb back aboard. It was actually a good 30 to 45 minutes, but it flew by too quickly! Somehow I was dubbed as an honorary crew member and was soon giving everyone and their equipment a fresh water shower as they climbed back on board. Once everyone was safely back aboard, anchor was hoisted and we were heading back towards the marina. Luckily, it was still a ways away so we still had some time to enjoy this beautiful catamaran on these beautiful waters.

P5270481-144.jpg

P5270487-146.jpg

Passing the Atlantis submarine and its tender

P5270492-148.jpg

Mike, Lady Trip, Trippette, Bobby, Danny and me

There's a reason that Calabaza is rated as one of the best catamaran tours in Barbados. I have been on a lot of catamarans whether its in the Caribbean or Hawaii, etc., but this trip ranks as one of the best! Great crew, great boat, great food, great times! After we docked, we made our way through the duty free shopping area (Trippette bought some good rum for her boyfriend and Lady Trip and I had to make our traditional stop at the Harley store.

P5270496-151.jpg

After jamming out with the steel drum band on the pier, we did the death march back up the gangway and “dinged” ourselves back in. Trippette had to turn her bottle of rum in to security and we then made our way back up to our cabin. As we took turns taking a shower, those that weren’t showering were watching for pier runners. The popular Boatyard is always a trusty contributor to helping create a few pier runners. The Captain must have been in a generous mood as he did delay the ship by 30 minutes as a couple groups of pier runners made their way slowly down the pier.

Great review! Cant wait til FEB 7th 2016! HA, So what is the cost of this particular excursion?

Great review! Cant wait til FEB 7th 2016! HA, So what is the cost of this particular excursion?

Lilmizz,

Thank you for the kind words and for reading along with my lengthy review. The costs for Calabaza is $110 per person and is well worth it. It was one of the more expensive excursions that we did, but we would do it again in a flash and wouldn't even blink an eye at the costs (it was that good!). It also seems to be the going rate for a good catamaran tour in Barbados. Calabaza consistently sells outs so it is one that you want to reserve as soon as you can (Gina only has 12 spots open per tour). You're going to love this cruise and this excursion! Happy Cruising!!:D

Lilmizz,

Thank you for the kind words and for reading along with my lengthy review. The costs for Calabaza is $110 per person and is well worth it. It was one of the more expensive excursions that we did, but we would do it again in a flash and wouldn't even blink an eye at the costs (it was that good!). It also seems to be the going rate for a good catamaran tour in Barbados. Calabaza consistently sells outs so it is one that you want to reserve as soon as you can (Gina only has 12 spots open per tour). You're going to love this cruise and this excursion! Happy Cruising!!:D

Thanks for the Reply, we will def be doing this, We arrive the day before so we were looking for something to do, if you know of anything fun let me know!

Thanks again for the great review!!!:)

Edited by lilmizz

Thank you for all the very interesting Photos and your good review...enjoyed it. :):):):)

Cruiseclues - thank you so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I'm glad that you enjoyed my photos and review!

Thank you for this awesome review!!!

Picomullet - Thank you for reading along and taking the time to leave such positive feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
EXCELLENT REVIEW! Loved it. How did you book the private tours and how did you pay for them in advance?

Rosebon - thank you so much reading along and leaving me such kind words. As for the private tours, I either reached out to them via phone or via their online website (depending on the company). Some of the tours won't take payment in advance while the ones that do would usually take payment via credit card online and a few would take a credit card payment over the phone.

Hi! I just found your review today and I had to read it from start to finish! It was the best cruise review I have ever read and I do lots and lots of research before each cruise. We are going to be on the October 11th sailing of the Liberty and can't wait! Thank you so much for sharing and congrats to your daughter!:)

Edited by newBell11

Hi! I just found your review today and I had to read it from start to finish! It was the best cruise review I have ever read and I do lots and lots of research before each cruise. We are going to be on the October 11th sailing of the Liberty and can't wait! Thank you so much for sharing and congrats to your daughter!:)

newBell11 - WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me such great feedback, I really do appreciate it! You are going to have a blast on this cruise! I'm so jealous!

I would rank this right up there with my favorite reviews here on Cruise Critic! Thanks so much for taking the time to put it together. You have a knack for making one feel like they were right there with y'all!

Looking forward to your Vista review! :)

I would rank this right up there with my favorite reviews here on Cruise Critic! Thanks so much for taking the time to put it together. You have a knack for making one feel like they were right there with y'all!

Looking forward to your Vista review! :)

babsee101 - thank you so much for taking the time to leave such kind words! I really appreciate it! I just hope that I'm able to do the Vista and that cruise justice!

• 4 weeks later...

I just have to say thank you for the great review. I enjoyed reading it, and seeing your photos, immensely! Your family is so sweet and genuine.

We will be on this itinerary on October 11th and I can hardly wait. I have so much planning to do!

Thanks again.

I just have to say thank you for the great review. I enjoyed reading it, and seeing your photos, immensely! Your family is so sweet and genuine.

We will be on this itinerary on October 11th and I can hardly wait. I have so much planning to do!

Thanks again.

Misgnomer, thank you so much for such kind words. October is a great time to be on this itinerary. You're going to have a blast!!!