Why are Roll Calls so slow?

Some roll calls are fun and active and some are slow and boring, but the cruise is always great. My wife and I have met some couples on roll calls that have added immeasurably to the cruise and with whom we continue to stay in touch. In the past three years I have participated in two roll calls that were fun and lead to meeting some very interesting people. If, however, it doesn't work out, it's an easy fix.

Our current Exployer roll call that is about sixteen months out is already in the fun category with great participation and I find myself anxious to meet some of the participants. So I am on the side of; for me there have been more active roll calls than slow roll calls. No roll call complaints.

Travelcat is right, a roll call is no big deal and certainly not necessary, but it sure helps to pass the time waiting until boarding and setting sail, and once in a while a real jewel appears who just makes your day with their wit.

Edited by 555lavan1t

Great comments regarding roll calls. I love that it creates a sense of camaraderie and acts as a pre-ice breaker. We can make this as much fun as possible with as much or as little participation as one feels comfortable with.

In our case, I've never met a stranger in my life (ask Larry who witnessed me taking a couple on a tour in San Juan that I had no recollection meeting). On the other hand, The Boss is an introvert who rarely talks until she warms up to the person. She likes to sit in quiet solitude and read or sleep; I like to socialize and BS. Our common ground is also common to all on this board; we love cruising on Regent.

Hendick's: Let's see if we can get Regent to provide it for us. Recommend we start an email campaign requesting Hendrick's to be brought onboard. I will start today. I will be asking for some in our cabin which I have done in the past with no problem. Regardless, I may even pack one in my suitcase for the hell of it.

Gilly: Were you the poster that was charged for Hendick's?

I like mine with a sliced strawberry in it.

Z and TB

I have never posted on a Roll Call even though we have done a few Regent Cruises. Not sure why, but haven't.

Also, I believe one reason is that CC posters are just a very small percent of the passengers even though many here may think otherwise.

Thanks for this reminder Peggy...I'm guilty as I always forget about posting on the roll call:confused:

I just posted on a couple roll calls. Haha...adding, I'm not planning to participate in the Explorer cooking classes. I hope Tom doesn't find out they're offered, he says he needs to drop bread crumbs so I even know we have a kitchen (I want to keep it that way):D

IMHO Roll Calls are wonderful. There has always been excitement and anticipation has been heightened chatting with others going on cruise.

We have hosted embarkation parties and meet and greets over the years and still keep in touch with several of our fellow travelers that we met at these functions.

I am looking forward to meeting some of the wonderful folks who are currently posting on our roll call for Oct 2016 - Best part it is open to all and everyone has a choice of participating or not:)