Magic porting in PC as of April 2016

laumicmah

Hmmmm...my Aug 6, 2016 is now from 7 day to 8 day and it shows Curacao, Aruba and Grand Turk as the ports which are good but we don't like so many sea days (now 4 instead of 2). Oh boy, I started to call in but was on hold forever so I hung up. I better call back.

Edit to add: just noticed that my deck 6 aft extended balcony is now showing as available. Maybe this will be the Valor schedule and they aren't showing the Magic schedule yet but it will be the same as we booked (my e-mail notice said it would be the same itin).

So when you look online at your reservation, it shows the new itinerary, right?

Called and she read me the same e-mail I already got and I said "I know, I got that e-mail but will the departure date remain the same and will the itin be the same?" and she replied "I don't know that yet, don't have that info as this just came out today...but yes, it could change and probably will". I said the e-mail says this: (and this is exact quote from e-mail) Our itinerary remains unchanged. She said she had no other info but reiterated that the itin likely will change. :(

Also, did they offer you OBC due to the changes? I was offered $50 per person on my change from Breeze to the Splendor. I'm not trying to switch to the Magic with this itin now.

Ok. My PVP said the July Itin will be Southern Caribbean, but I just read the press release, and it says that the Magic will still be 7 day Eastern and Western out of PC. Who knows what's going on!

Here are the new itineraries:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2222872

John Heald posted the new itineraries on his Facebook page today. I'll be glad to copy and paste if anyone that doesn't have Facebook is interested.

Thanks for offering. Someone posted the information from John's page already. Link above.

I don't know what to do!!! Stay on the Splendor now, or switch to the Valor? I was really hoping for the Magic on the Southern Caribbean...

That Valor one has a lot of sea days. Do you mind that? What's the Splendor itin? I'd love to do curacao but an 8 day with 4 sea days...eeekkkk :eek:

Edited by laumicmah

That Valor one has a lot of sea days. Do you mind that? What's the Splendor itin? I'd love to do curacao but an 8 day with 4 sea days...eeekkkk :eek:

Splendor has the same itin but include La Romanna, DR, and one less sea day. We don't mind the sea days at all, and don't care about the DR Port as well. Been to DR a few times already, so we would probably stay on ship anyway...

Splendor has the same itin but include La Romanna, DR, and one less sea day. We don't mind the sea days at all, and don't care about the DR Port as well. Been to DR a few times already, so we would probably stay on ship anyway...

So you had booked the Breeze and that moved and they are switching you to the Splendor? We wanted the Breeze to come to PC but the Magic will be good. The Valor out of PC- PC is easier to get to and navigate, IMO (we've gone out of Miami and PC before and we prefer PC coming from the Northeast).

Edited by laumicmah

So you had booked the Breeze and that moved and they are switching you to the Splendor? We wanted the Breeze to come to PC but the Magic will be good. The Valor out of PC- PC is easier to get to and navigate, IMO (we've gone out of Miami and PC before and we prefer PC coming from the Northeast).

Yep, We were booked on the Breeze Southern Caribbean out of Miami. Now Switched to the Splendor. I too would prefer to sail out of PC, and am leaning towards the Valor, as we travel from the Northeast as well. I think the Valor is getting some of the 2.0 upgrades next year as well. Not sure about the Splendor...

Based on those itineraries, does anyone know anything about the Valor 5-day 5/21/16 cruise to Amber Cove and Grand Turk?

There is now a 7-day Magic cruise leaving on 5/21/16 as well including the ports above.

But what gets me, is that after the 5/15/16 cruise, there are no other May cruises listed.

Anyone got any kind of help/information for me?

Based on those itineraries, does anyone know anything about the Valor 5-day 5/21/16 cruise to Amber Cove and Grand Turk?

There is now a 7-day Magic cruise leaving on 5/21/16 as well including the ports above.

But what gets me, is that after the 5/15/16 cruise, there are no other May cruises listed.

Anyone got any kind of help/information for me?

Magic 5/21 is:

Sat Magic Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Sun Magic "Fun Day" At Sea

Mon Magic Amber Cove, Dominican Republic 9:00 -4:00 PM

Tue Magic St. Thomas, USVI 11:00 AM 7:00 PM

Wed Magic San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Thu Magic Grand Turk 12:00 PM-6:00 PM

Fri Magic "Fun Day" At Sea

Sat Magic Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

7 Day

Valor doesn't have a 5/21...none listed between 5/15 and 6/4 cruises. I am guessing they are moving the valor's 5/21 to the Magic. Don't know why they have nothing for the Valor for 2 weeks. My e-mail said it's drydock would be complete for the May 8th cruise but maybe the drydock is really those 2 missing weeks.

Edited by laumicmah

Yes, this is why I am confused.

My cruise is still listed on Carnivals website.

I asked John Heald and he told me he wasn't sure either and he would have to get back to me.

Ah, isn't this all lovely....:cool:

Since Galveston is within our driving distance, we have cruised on the Magic several times. Love that ship and hate to see her go!! The only thing she is missing (to me) is Guy's Burgers, which I assume will be added during her dry dock. You are very lucky to be changing from Valor to Magic! (I am excited that Breeze is replacing Magic, though!)

I wonder why the website doesn't reflect the ship change? Their booking engine still shows the Valor sailing from PC on 6/25/16. Although the itinerary has changed. I've been looking at this sailing for a while now. It was going to Grand Turk and Amber Cove for 7 days. Now it shows 8 days going to Aruba, Curaçao, and Grand Turk. But it's still the Valor.

So looking at JH Facebook post, the Magic will be doing the same itinerary. So that is great. But again, like you say, the new Valor is 8 days, leaving the same day, with 3 ports I have not been too. Maybe I will see if I can stay on the Valor! Looks like either ship will be fairly new out of dry dock.

So when you look online at your reservation, it shows the new itinerary, right?

My booking for my Magic cruise out of Galveston for April 17th isn't showing up at all! It was there this morning but by this afternoon...GONE! Called Carnival but was told that since I bought owed thru a TA that I'll have to go thru them to find out any info. Very frustrating!

In the same situation, however hopefully I can help. We were booked on the Carnival Valor 6/11/16 cruise in cabin 8450 (aft view extended) My new Magic cabin number is 9476 still aft view and still 3 passengers. I am sure yours will work out as well. I will keep my fingers crossed.

In the same situation, however hopefully I can help. We were booked on the Carnival Valor 6/11/16 cruise in cabin 8450 (aft view extended) My new Magic cabin number is 9476 still aft view and still 3 passengers. I am sure yours will work out as well. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I'm in 6454 on the Valor. Last I checked before they switched out Valor's itin...mine was the only 3 pax aft extended balcony cabin taken so far. So maybe they'll put us in 9476 too. They haven't yet but my cruise in Aug 2016...so they are getting there I suppose. I am not thrilled with deck 9 as it's right below Lido aft pool. We will hear deck chairs being drug around. I purposely booked deck 6 on Valor with cabins above us. Plus SIL was also going to book a 3 pax aft ext balcony and there was one right next door and we were planning on opening the balcony divider. There isn't that set up on the Magic...boo.

Edited by laumicmah

Not crazy about the deck either, but was happy that we got to keep the aft extended balcony cabin. Not many 3 people cabins on the Magic with that, so I am just hoping the pool chairs will not be that loud.

Not crazy about the deck either, but was happy that we got to keep the aft extended balcony cabin. Not many 3 people cabins on the Magic with that, so I am just hoping the pool chairs will not be that loud.

There are only 2 on the Magic where I think there were 12 on the Valor. I have been looking at the deck plans and different cabins and I think I will also be happy to get the 3 pax aft extended balcony on deck 9. I also have an inside for 2 pax booked (we could switch that up and get a 2 pax aft and 3 pax inside if need be). Waiting to see what I get.

Crap...just noticed they switched the inside cabin already and it's 6450....ought oh. I have them linked so they should know we need the same area/deck...we are a family of 5.

Edited by laumicmah