Seabourne feb.2016 change

We just got a notice from SB that they were changing from cruising the Foveauz strait and Milford sound the next day to Cruising Fiordland national park then 2 sea days to Hobart. Clearly a trade off, good one or bad one or jump ball?

We just got a notice from SB that they were changing from cruising the Foveauz strait and Milford sound the next day to Cruising Fiordland national park then 2 sea days to Hobart. Clearly a trade off, good one or bad one or jump ball?

We are on this cruise, and have actually done a similar cruise with Seabourn a few years ago. In my opinion I am not worried as I had already put the Foveauz Strait day down as a sea day. Faveauz Strait is only about a 16 mile strip between the tip of the South Island and Oban Island so we will be doing this anyway.

You or your TA could contact Seabourn direct but Milford sound is part of Fiordland National Park and if the Sea Gods are kind we are likely to go there anyway. I must admit I am hoping we might get to see either Doubtful or Dusky sound as well. When we went it was very rainy and misty but we just rugged up with raincoats......don't forget to bring them as it can be cold and wet that far south. Seabourn brought out hot chocolate as well as champagne and it was still magical.

Here is a link describing Fiordland National Park

http://www.newzealand.com/au/feature/national-parks-fiordland/

I hope this helps a little. As I suggested if you want to double check with Seabourn whether they will be actually going into Milford Sound for your own peace of mind it might be a good idea.

Having said that if you have never been to New Zealand I know Milford Sound is important but I think the whole country is a lovely places to see. This is why as part of my LA to Fiji cruise I am happy to go back and still plan on doing a land trip sometime soon.

Julie:)