Loss of job 1 week before cruise

pema

Depends on what policy you have. Some let you cancel for work reasons. I don't know if not having work falls into that category.

If it is through the cruise line, probably not unless it has a cancel for any reason clause. You'll credit cruise credit - not cash.

At this point, just call and ask.

does anyone know If losing your job 1 wk. before cruise is a reason for canceling cruise?

I see you are cruising on Royal.

If you bought their CruiseCare Insurance, then that plan automatically includes a Cancel For Any Reason rider. Call your TA or Royal for more info.

You will receive a future cruise credit of 75%

If you purchased your insurance elsewhere,,, all depends on your policy. Cancel For Any Reason or Job Loss coverages are not automatically added to policies. You have to ask for a policy that includes these additional coverages.

Edited by klfrodo

I was reviewing my policy today for an upcoming trip, and I noticed that being terminated is listed under reasons for cancellation. I checked a few other policies on a comparison website and found that the random policies I looked at also listed termination as a covered reason. Some requied 1 year of continuous employment prior to termination; others, two.

Since I posted an answer here, I thought I should update the information. Apparently, I was wrong.

Sorry to the OP for your a major disruption in your life just when you were getting ready to enjoy a vacation. I hope you did call your insurance company and found out that you were covered.

thank you for your concern....it is greatly appreciated....yes the insurance coverage does include a clause " loss of job after 1 yr. continuous employment "

We will take it from there

Prayers