My time dining!

Haven't been on a Royal in a while, was wondering how my time dining was working!

I like more of the freestyle way of dining is that how it is!

We love the flexibility of MTD...some prefer to book certain times but to me that's not the point of it. Enjoy !!

Haven't been on a Royal in a while, was wondering how my time dining was working!

I like more of the freestyle way of dining is that how it is!

Many people report little to no waiting time when you just show up with no reservations.

We got lucky on the Serenade last month - first night found a waiter that we really enjoyed at our preferred dining time of 7:;15-7:30. Tables for 2 are very close, but we had great conversation with the couples on both sides of us. At the end of dinner, our waiter said that if we enjoyed the service, he'd be happy to 'reserve' us a table for each night in his section. We gave him the details (one night we were dining in Chops, one we wanted to be later, etc.) and he put us on his list. When we reported to the dining room, we had no more than a five minute wait to be seated. It worked out great for us.

I think Royal runs their MTD terrific. We eat a bit later around 7:45pm and are always seated quickly and always in the same area and wait staff. We make a standing reservation for just after the early show. On the night or two we decide to eat in a specialty restaurant or Windjammer we call the dine line to cancel just that evening. Love MTD on Royal!

Everything I have read says lines are loooong for MTD at certain times of the evening. Lines are a major deal breaker for me...I will skip eating before I wait. With that said, I plan to make some reservations...can you make them the day of as well? Like can I call around lunch time for a dinner reservation at MTD? Also, I am staying in an owners suite...is that something my concierge will do?

Everything I have read says lines are loooong for MTD at certain times of the evening. Lines are a major deal breaker for me...I will skip eating before I wait. With that said, I plan to make some reservations...can you make them the day of as well? Like can I call around lunch time for a dinner reservation at MTD? Also, I am staying in an owners suite...is that something my concierge will do?

You can make reservations the same day, and the Concierge can help.

On Princess we always used the "anytime" dining and it was always easy and great. ....just show up, get ushered in and eat.We were excited to see the RCCL had gone to MTD. Unfortunately, they just didnt get it right. We took a TA this past spring on the VOS and were completely shut out of the MTD. The matre'D told us that we would not be able to get a seat before 8PM which is way too late for us to eat. We ate every evening in the buffet , which was ok....but still disappointing It seems that the whole space had been "reserved" before we had a chance. Had we known this would be the case, we would have made our "reservation earlier. We just didnt know that was how it worked,

Doug