minimum age for Pinnacle Grill

bev r.

I don't think there is an official minimum age limit, but it really isn't an environment for small children and I personally have never seen any dining in a Pinnacle. How old are your children? The service is leisurely and I think young children would have a problem remaining seated and happy, which would not make other diners happy in the least.

Assuming your children are young, I would recommend getting a crew babysitter the evening you are planning on dining at the Pinnacle so you can enjoy a wonderful meal.

I am pretty sure that there is no age limit. The evening we were there, our 13-year-old was quite happy with her petite filet. But I heard one unhappy customer (probably 4 or 5 years old) exclaim at the top of his lungs, "Where are my chicken nuggets?!"

I guess it's true that you can't please 'em all.:cool:

Is there a minimum age requirement for the Pinnacle Grill?

I don't think so, but you wouldn't want to bring very young children there. The food is not what young children would normally like. Also, young children can easily become bored and restless since the service is much more "leisurely" than it is in the dining room.

But, of course, if your children are older, or of the type that can easily and quietly amuse themselves for the duration of the meal, then I am sure they would be welcome at the Pinnacle.

Blue skies ...

--rita

But I heard one unhappy customer (probably 4 or 5 years old) exclaim at the top of his lungs, "Where are my chicken nuggets?!"
Shame on his parents! He obviously was not trained in how to dine in a nice restaurant. Did they think this was an upscale McDonalds?

The many times that we have dined at the Pinnacle we have not seen any children there of any age. Maybe we just chose a night when they were else where.

But I do agree that young children will get bored after awhile sitting there with nothing to do between courses. The Pinnacle experience is geared so that you have time to enjoy each course.

Bev, how old are your children? We were concerned about the same thing on Maasdam last summer when our son was 10. Our TA, who has met our son, assured us he would be fine. Still, we made our booking for early in the evening. There were some items on the menu I felt he was too young to appreciate (particularly the appetizers), yet he nearly finished his halibut.

I think 10 years old is okay if, and only if, the child is accustomed to going to better restaurants where the dinner hour can be quite a bit longer than an hour and he can sit quietly like an adult for the entire meal. However, that is not always the case, though many parents will not admit it and the 'it's our vacation' attitude goes to the Pinnacle along with the family.

I don't think whether the menu is appropriate for children is the problem most posters here are talking about. ;)

I don't think whether the menu is appropriate for children is the problem most posters here are talking about. ;)
Maybe not, but it's definitely tied in. If a child won't eat his meal, that makes it a lot harder to sit quietly while others are dining.

My kids are 10, 12, and 14. They have been on 3 cruises to date. One rule we have regarding dinner is that they are not allowed to order from the kids menu, since the cruises we have been on have always had available grilled chicken or steak, which my kids will always eat. In three cruises they have had escargot, duck, lamb and various types of seafood and fish.

The reason I asked the question, is that on a couple of cruises I was looking at, I noticed that Pinnacle Grill experience is included.

Included? What do you mean included? There are cruises offered by HAL that say dinner at Pinnacle is included? I have heard of it as a 'booking benefit' that HAL or TA provides that as a gift but I have not heard of it being included for everyone.

It was a booking incentive offered by the TA. It was for the first 2 people in each cabin. We always get two cabins for the 5 of us. I assummed that 4 of us could dine free and I would just pay for the fifth person.

Archived