Vacation Gaurantee.....

Jerseyboy3

I was in a very hot cabin AC not working ,i hadn't checked to see if they still had the Guarentee since i hadn't cruised in a year, and didn't think of checking,after they could not fix the air i went to guest services and told them i wanted to use the guarentee she looked at me like i had 2 heads and no knowlege of it,i did not stand my ground since i wasn't sure if it was still offered,after getting home i did check and yes i should have stood my ground i heard the cleaning staff say there was an empty cabin on our floor i;m sure we would have been moved if i stood my ground does make me question their operations..the meek get nada..and it was a pack n go,very low cost..so i think they felt very lil obligation

I'm confused. What does them being rowdy on Princess have to do with them sailing on Carnival?

The question was about what would it take to invoke the guarantee. If Princess had the guarantee it would have been used.

They must've really been a rowdy bunch to get about 1500 people to want to cancel their cruise in the first 24 hours

Bill

There was a review about the cruise 2013 on the Inspiration. WAKA -- an adult kickball association.

Talking to some in the group they were warned to clean up their act lol. It became a rowdy three day Spring Break type cruise :D

Edited by SadieN

I was in a very hot cabin AC not working ,i hadn't checked to see if they still had the Guarentee since i hadn't cruised in a year, and didn't think of checking,after they could not fix the air i went to guest services and told them i wanted to use the guarentee she looked at me like i had 2 heads and no knowlege of it,i did not stand my ground since i wasn't sure if it was still offered,after getting home i did check and yes i should have stood my ground i heard the cleaning staff say there was an empty cabin on our floor i;m sure we would have been moved if i stood my ground does make me question their operations..the meek get nada..and it was a pack n go,very low cost..so i think they felt very lil obligation

I'm guessing they came out the same night as you boarded?

When we had a hot cabin they said it was within their limits. We tried a couple of times and they kept checking and saying the same thing.

I would wake up about 2 am covered in sweat.

They finally gave us a fan.

Your story is the perfect scenario for invoking the guarantee. At least it would have given you some leverage

It's a shame you didn't stand your ground and get moved to a room with good A/C.

Bill

I'm guessing they came out the same night as you boarded?

When we had a hot cabin they said it was within their limits. We tried a couple of times and they kept checking and saying the same thing.

I would wake up about 2 am covered in sweat.

They finally gave us a fan.

Your story is the perfect scenario for invoking the guarantee. At least it would have given you some leverage

It's a shame you didn't stand your ground and get moved to a room with good A/C.

Bill

Agreed. I have heard quite a few people say that guest services employees don't know about the guarantee. Makes me wonder if CCL is using that as a first line of defense.

I do have to say on another cruise i booked an aft balcony on the dream with a friend (which i paid for)..they called us out of the blue before we left and offered her ,her own balcony cabin at no extra charge,seems they had waived single supplement near sail date,so hard to be to mad,except being to warm did make me feel ill,i keep myself very comfortable at home not used to having no control over air...