Clarification on MDR & Specialty ressies??

Dining just opened up for our cruise, so I'm furiously making reservations for our party of 7. A few issues / questions have come up. We're on the Oasis Eastern Carib itinerary in September.

I've read the MDR menu rotation is: Mojo, Saffron, Pimento, ****ake, Jasmine, Basil and Pomodoro.

Are formal nights #2 and #6? Day 2 is Nassau from 7a-2p and Day 6 is our last sea day.

Is Lobster on the last formal night and if so, which night is it (#5 or #6)? Lobster is on the Jasmine menu, which occurs on Day 5 according to the rotation schedule above. Day 5 is St Maarten. Clearly I've tangled my information somewhere. Can someone help put me back on the road to Lobster Heaven?

I would like to reserve the Hibachi experience, but that is not showing up in the Dining reservation system. Izumi is there, but only for the a la carte side. I called RCCL and they said the Hibachi experience is not scheduled for our cruise. that sounded odd. Is this something you reserve onboard? Or will it appear one day in the dining res system? I know tables are scarce and with 7 of us, it might be hard to get in.

How much is Giovanni's Table for lunch?

I see there is a 20% OBC for specialty restaurants for Day 1. And 30% OBC for 3 specialty restaurants. At the moment I have 2 reserved. Do you have to reserve the 3rd one in advance in order to get the 30% OBC? If we add a specialty dining while we're on the ship (for instance, go to Izumi but not make an advanced reservation) will the 30% OBC for all dining show up on my account? Do they count any lunchtime dining or does the offer only apply to dinner? Anyone have any issue claiming their OBC for this?

I made MTD reservations. Most of them are 6:15 or 6:30p which I know is peak time. Is there typically a very long wait with reservations?

Thank you for clarifying things.

Dining just opened up for our cruise, so I'm furiously making reservations for our party of 7. A few issues / questions have come up. We're on the Oasis Eastern Carib itinerary in September.

I've read the MDR menu rotation is: Mojo, Saffron, Pimento, ****ake, Jasmine, Basil and Pomodoro.

Are formal nights #2 and #6? Day 2 is Nassau from 7a-2p and Day 6 is our last sea day.

Is Lobster on the last formal night and if so, which night is it (#5 or #6)? Lobster is on the Jasmine menu, which occurs on Day 5 according to the rotation schedule above. Day 5 is St Maarten. Clearly I've tangled my information somewhere. Can someone help put me back on the road to Lobster Heaven?

I would like to reserve the Hibachi experience, but that is not showing up in the Dining reservation system. Izumi is there, but only for the a la carte side. I called RCCL and they said the Hibachi experience is not scheduled for our cruise. that sounded odd. Is this something you reserve onboard? Or will it appear one day in the dining res system? I know tables are scarce and with 7 of us, it might be hard to get in.

How much is Giovanni's Table for lunch?

I see there is a 20% OBC for specialty restaurants for Day 1. And 30% OBC for 3 specialty restaurants. At the moment I have 2 reserved. Do you have to reserve the 3rd one in advance in order to get the 30% OBC? If we add a specialty dining while we're on the ship (for instance, go to Izumi but not make an advanced reservation) will the 30% OBC for all dining show up on my account? Do they count any lunchtime dining or does the offer only apply to dinner? Anyone have any issue claiming their OBC for this?

I made MTD reservations. Most of them are 6:15 or 6:30p which I know is peak time. Is there typically a very long wait with reservations?

Thank you for clarifying things.

Discounts for the specialty restaurants are,

20% for 3

25% for 4

30% for 5

[quote name=

I see there is a 20% OBC for specialty restaurants for Day 1. [/quote]

I don't see the 20% OBC offer for specialty restaurants on Day 1 for our upcoming Navigator cruise. Is that offer on all ships and available in the Cruise Planner?

I don't see the 20% OBC offer for specialty restaurants on Day 1 for our upcoming Navigator cruise. Is that offer on all ships and available in the Cruise Planner?

Here is the offer, and I don't believe it shows up on the Cruise Planner:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

Slow down, no need to rush. Many people wait to book onboard and even those who have booked before the cruise change their reservations.

Mojo, Saffron, Pimento, Shiitake, Jasmine, Basil and Pomodoro are not always in the same order, on our cruise, Shiitake and Basil were switched. Jasmine had the fisherman's platter. What I did was made reservations for MTD before we sailed, and booked specialty restaurants when we boarded after I saw the order of the menu.

Giovanni's is $15 for lunch and you cannot make reservations before you board.

You don't have to book all the specialty restaurants at the same time to get the discounts, lunch at Giovanni's does not count.

We never had a wait for dinner and we ate between 6:00 and 7:00 each night, we did have reservations and had the same waitstaff each night.

Edited by dacsmom

I was mistaken - it does say book 3 restaurants and get 20% obc. This is copied from the restaurant overview section witihin the dining tab on the cruise planner (I copied this from Giovanni's Table):

INSIDER TIPS

Make 3 reservations at any of our specialty restaurants and receive a 20% onboard credit† with our dining package.

Receive a 20% onboard credit† on all Day 1 reservations.

Visit us for lunch for a more casual experience (no reservations required).

Kids 5 and under eat for free.

Kids 6-12 years old eat for less. Ask about our kids specialty dining prices onboard.

Gluten Free, lactose free, and vegetarian options available. Ask your waiter.

Family-style dishes serve 2-4 people.

Dinner is two hours, so relax and enjoy the culinary adventure.

Prosciutto is freshly sliced at the table by our servers.

Don't want to share? Entrees are served traditional style.

For those who made reservations onboard ship - did the obc show up in your account?