Ship Time or Shore Time

golfntob

Hi,

I searched for this question b/c I'm sure it's been answered but all my hits were related to 1st time cruisers.

We're sailing out of Galveston on the Freedom. Going to Isla Roatan, Belize & Cozumel. We're going out on our own in Roatan. Don't want to miss the boat back. Do we stay on ship time (is that going to be TX central standard time)?

Thank you!

ALWAYS ship's time! There are clocks at all the exits....make sure the ship's clock and your WATCH are set to the same time. Do NOT use your cell phone...it will automatically set to island time and if the ship is using a different time, and will confuse the hell out of you. Bring a cheap watch that YOU must set!

The ship may or may not be on different times....so simply check the clocks, make adjustments and go boldly ashore!

Hi,

I searched for this question b/c I'm sure it's been answered but all my hits were related to 1st time cruisers.

We're sailing out of Galveston on the Freedom. Going to Isla Roatan, Belize & Cozumel. We're going out on our own in Roatan. Don't want to miss the boat back. Do we stay on ship time (is that going to be TX central standard time)?

Thank you!

Carnival stays on ship time, some other lines do not.

Note the ship time when you disembark, say 9am. If it sails at 6 pm, then you have 8 1/2 hrs to be in port and get back to the ship (1/2 hr before it sails).

Then it doesn't matter what chronology you use.

Ship time. Disregard local time!

Which is often your departure port time- but not always. Pay careful attention to what the ship says the time is! If a ship ever does change its clocks, they will announce it, you will get a notice, and obviously, the clocks will also change. ALWAYS look at them before leaving the ship.

(When I was on the Spirit, we changed time zones once (because the cruise covered 3 of them, and I guess they wanted to split the difference)- so the time we were on was neither than of our departure port OR the current port. It was somewhere in the middle!)