Wifi

Yayasfamily

And it's sooo "fast" :rolleyes: too; think dial-up "speed". This is why, even though I get a goodly amount of minutes free, I don't bother.

Edited by Treven

Well, as we don't know what ship/cruise line you are referring to, we can't answer your question.

Most cruise lines charge for Internet access. Wifi is simply radio communication with the antenna to connect to the server, to access the internet. Wifi is free. Internet access is not.

Some- mostly the high end (read: expensive) cruise lines offering various forms of free Internet access in their cruise fares. Some cruise lines offer free internet access to their most loyal customers. As you are asking, I am assuming you are not a long time cruiser.

WIFI is free on all ships.

That gets your moble device connected wirelessly to the ship's servers.

Once you are connected, you can choose the payment plans to use the very slow satellite internet connection.

Edited by BruceMuzz

Thank you all. I think I will just shut my phone off, lol. Maybe get some walkie talkie's. I heard you also have to pay for bottled water on board. Anything else I should know? We're going on the Norwegian Gem. Did anyone have a handicap room?

Thank you all. I think I will just shut my phone off, lol. Maybe get some walkie talkie's. I heard you also have to pay for bottled water on board. Anything else I should know? We're going on the Norwegian Gem. Did anyone have a handicap room?

If you do a little reading around the boards, you will find many threads indicating the walkie talkies are less than really effective (it is a big metal ship you are on), they annoy other pax, and really, the ship just isn't that big. You can communicate so many other ways.

You will want to do some reading the NCL board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

you will find tons of good NCL info.

Bring on a refillable bottle of water per person. You don't need to buy water on board. The ship's water is as pure as any bottled water, tastes great, is FREE, and doesn't come with a plastic waste problem.