Chair Hogs

SchoolBob

I have a theory that the more children on a cruise, then the fewer the chair hogs. Children rarely use the chairs and, if they do, they have such a short attention span that they quickly more on to something else. This makes the adults with them move on as well. Finally, fewer people want to hog chairs where a bunch of kids are playing. I haven't done any research on this, just what I have noticed cruising both with and without kids. Anyone have an opinion on this? icon_confused.gif

JV

I agree we travel with two kids and never get chairs for them, they spend so much time in the pool they just share our chairs with us until it is time to leave. this problem also occurs on land too. We just got back from the Hilton in Hawaii and one couple would camp out 6 chairs with shade by the lagoon and not come back for four hours. Chair hogs just don't have any integrity.

I have had trouble finding even one chair, at times. And I usually go where it's quiet, not near the pool. Once when I looked all over and couldn't find a chair, I asked an attendant to set one up for me. He said to just take one of the unoccupied ones. So, I found two with just towels on them, moved one towel to the 2nd chair, and laid down. I read for several minutes before a couple came back and said those were their chairs. I said the attendant told me to take one, so I did. They took the towels and moved on! Shortly another gal came along and asked if the one was taken, and I said No! That's the only time I've had to do that. But, wanting in a quiet area, usually we can find chairs.

p.s. I love the idea of saying someone just got up and gave us their chairs! I'll try to remember to say that!!!

Nita

Archived