Need Harwich to Windsor to Heathrow Help

Has anyone any experience with a transfer/tour company that picks up at Harwich then goes to Windsor for 2+ hours then drops you off at Heathrow.

I've seen some companies that promote the service but cannot find reviews to verify.

thanks

Ron

It seems to be a popular excursion and The London Toolkit http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/harwich_late_flight_solution.html offers one of them.

I note that with this one, they use a Windsor based taxi firm which means that they will offload and store your luggage while you are in Windsor. Other firms will probably just wait and charge accordingly.

The cost is around £225 for two, including the storage charge and Windsor to Heathrow transport.

Unless you have at least three hours to kill, I would not consider the detour worthwhile. You should be at Heathrow at least two hours ahead of your flight time.

Be aware that Heathrow is on the SW side of London and Harwich is east of London. We rented a car, did some site-seeing and hit the M25 (on Friday afternoon).

We spent the better part of our afternoon on the M25 (perimeter highway around London). It was worse than commuter traffic in Washington, DC.

It seems to be a popular excursion and The London Toolkit http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/harwich_late_flight_solution.html offers one of them.

I note that with this one, they use a Windsor based taxi firm which means that they will offload and store your luggage while you are in Windsor. Other firms will probably just wait and charge accordingly.

The cost is around £225 for two, including the storage charge and Windsor to Heathrow transport.

Unless you have at least three hours to kill, I would not consider the detour worthwhile. You should be at Heathrow at least two hours ahead of your flight time.

Thanks - they are one of the places I've gotten info on. Have you used them?

Thanks - they are one of the places I've gotten info on. Have you used them?

They are an agency so depend on their suppliers, but I have not seen any bad reports. I have no personal experience though as I live in the UK.

They are an agency so depend on their suppliers, but I have not seen any bad reports. I have no personal experience though as I live in the UK.

Their recommendation is to use a Windsor based service as they are experienced in this type of request/service.

Schagpal,

We did a variation of this when we disembarked in Harwich last month (June). The car and driver met us at the port and then took us to Flatford and Colchester. We also went through Windsor on our way to Heathrow. They are very flexible and will tailor the transfer/tour to your expectations. We used Eddie Manning who I found through the London tool box site. We were very pleased with their service. I also used them for the transfer from the airport to London hotel and then from London to Harwich. Very professional and very receptive to our needs.

Schagpal,

We did a variation of this when we disembarked in Harwich last month (June). The car and driver met us at the port and then took us to Flatford and Colchester. We also went through Windsor on our way to Heathrow. They are very flexible and will tailor the transfer/tour to your expectations. We used Eddie Manning who I found through the London tool box site. We were very pleased with their service. I also used them for the transfer from the airport to London hotel and then from London to Harwich. Very professional and very receptive to our needs.

Thanks Finnjsh Fun