Quebec City Highlights

Cruzer Two

Outstanding indeed. Thank you for sharing. Very touching to hear the French Québécois song to accompany all these beautiful pictures with comments.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I really try to find the appropriate music for the location of my videos. In my opinion, it adds so much to the experience. It is nice to know you think I succeeded.

Ron

Thanks.

We will visit Quebec City the first week of October this year. The video gave me ideas of what to look for. And, I really liked the song that was played at the same time.

Bob

Edited by 4x4bob

Thanks.

We will visit Quebec City the first week of October this year. The video gave me ideas of what to look for. And, I really liked the song that was played at the same time.

Bob

Thanks again everyone for the nice comments. The song “Elise” that accompanies the video is a French Canadian folk song by the group Le Vent du Nord (The North Wind) from Quebec. The song was included on the album La Part du Feu that was released by Borealis Records in 2009.

Ron

Great video thanks for sharing

Wonderful video and thank you! We'll be visiting Quebec City in September.

Thanks again for the nice comments on the video! You are in for a real treat! Hopefully, you will have great weather for your visit to this beautiful city.

Ron

Thanks again for the nice comments on the video! You are in for a real treat! Hopefully, you will have great weather for your visit to this beautiful city.

Ron

Ron:

Which HO/HO bus company did you use? Was there commentary given during the course of the ride? Where did you pick up the bus?

Hope I'm not overwhelming with my questions. We will be spending 3 days in Quebec City prior to our cruise in October and I'm trying to get an idea of the best way to get a good overview, and from your pictures, the HO/HO bus looks like a great option.

Thanks!

Ron:

Which HO/HO bus company did you use? Was there commentary given during the course of the ride? Where did you pick up the bus?

Hope I'm not overwhelming with my questions. We will be spending 3 days in Quebec City prior to our cruise in October and I'm trying to get an idea of the best way to get a good overview, and from your pictures, the HO/HO bus looks like a great option.

Thanks!

Janet,

There is only one Hop On Hop Bus tour in Quebec City. The buses are painted red and there is live commentary on the bus. Our guide was excellent. You purchase tickets and the tour departs from the Tourist Information Office on Place d'Armes Square. It is on the opposite side of the square from the Chateau Frontenac Hotel in Upper Town. Get a seat on the upper deck for the best views. It is a great overview of the city and then you can do a self-guided walking tour of the old sections of the city. The Lower Town is not to be missed. Have a great time in this beautiful city.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the Tourist Information Office on Place d'Armes Square, where you purchase tickets and board the bus is an easy walk from the port. The main street that runs by the port is Rue Dalousie. Exit the port and turn left on Rue Dalousie. Walk several blocks until the street makes a sharp right turn. Just after the turn take a right on Rue Notre-Dame. Go one block and turn left on Rue Sous-le-Fort. You will see the funicular straight ahead. The funicular takes you to a large plaza. Walk straight ahead and you will see Place d’Arms Square. The tourist office will be on the right hand side of the square. The other option is to take the stairs to the right of the funicular building to the top of the hill – your choice!

We are going to Quebec City on a cruise in Oct, 2015. I have been trying to find the best way to see the city and visit the famous hotel (can't spell it).

I need to know more. Cruzer Two (Ron) can you help?

We are Charles and Inez in Newnan, :confused:

inezg@numail.org

Chateau Frontenac Hotel is located on the opposite side of Place d’Armes Square from the Tourist Information Office, where you purchase tickets and board the Hop on, Hop bus tour. You can walk across the square at the conclusion of your tour to visit the hotel. The Hop on, Hop off bus is the least expensive was to see the city. Follow the directions in the post above to reach the Tourist Information Office. You can board the bus across the street from the pier, but it is usually full by the time it reaches the port area. I suggest boarding at Place d'Armes Square.

Lower Town is at the bottom of the Funicular and can be seen by just walking around the narrow cobble-stoned streets. It is not very large and it is an easy walk from the port. I suggest doing the Hop on, Hop off bus tour first and then walking around Upper and Lower town on a self-guide walking tour. You can use maps obtained at the Tourist Office for this purpose.

Have fun!

Chateau Frontenac Hotel is located on the opposite side of Place d’Armes Square from the Tourist Information Office, where you purchase tickets and board the Hop on, Hop bus tour. You can walk across the square at the conclusion of your tour to visit the hotel. The Hop on, Hop off bus is the least expensive was to see the city. Follow the directions in the post above to reach the Tourist Information Office. You can board the bus across the street from the pier, but it is usually full by the time it reaches the port area. I suggest boarding at Place d'Armes Square.

Lower Town is at the bottom of the Funicular and can be seen by just walking around the narrow cobble-stoned streets. It is not very large and it is an easy walk from the port. I suggest doing the Hop on, Hop off bus tour first and then walking around Upper and Lower town on a self-guide walking tour. You can use maps obtained at the Tourist Office for this purpose.

Have fun!

Thanks so very much. We are elderly and don't walk much.

Your video was awesome.

Charles

Thanks so very much. We are elderly and don't walk much.

Your video was awesome.

Charles

Thanks for the nice comments on the video.

If you have trouble walking you might want to try catching the Hop on, Hop off bus across the street from the port. The stop is in front of the Musee de la Civilization (see the picture below)! Enjoy your visit to this beautiful city. You will be able to see all of the sights from the bus. Make sure you get a seat on the top level if available. musee-de-la-civilisation-30815-photo-01_Album-grand_zps1sf5z3of.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments on the video.

If you have trouble walking you might want to try catching the Hop on, Hop off bus across the street from the port. The stop is in front of the Musee de la Civilization (see the picture below)! Enjoy your visit to this beautiful city. You will be able to see all of the sights from the bus. Make sure you get a seat on the top level if available. musee-de-la-civilisation-30815-photo-01_Album-grand_zps1sf5z3of.jpg

Can you buy the tickets on the bus or do you have to buy them at the ticket office?

Edited by Traveler50

Thank you for posting the video!! We are leaving on the Maasdam on Aug.29 and am trying to figure out what to do in each port.:) I think I like your ideal of the hop on hop off. How much is ticket prices for this?

As I remember, it was less than $30.00 pp!

Edited by Cruzer Two