Half Moon Cay ?

Is it possible to pay ahead for clamshell/floaties or is this something that you pay once there? I see nothing is listed for excursions on HMC, or will they add excursions online once it gets closer?

You pay for clamshells/floaties once on the Island. If you rent a cabana, it comes with floaties among other things.

Not really sure when the excursions are listed, but John Heald always says 90 days before the cruise. Personally, I think earlier so just keep watching for them (especially the cabanas if you want one of those, they sell out fast)... I believe you can also email excursions@carnival.com and they should be able to tell you when they will post them.

exactly keep looking at the excursions online. Our cruise was in oct and Christmas day I purchased us the cabana. So that was 9 months prior to our cruise. I did see you can purchase online the clamshells if that is what you wish. other stuff is once on island. There is a lot of tree's for shade where you will get any breeze over the clamshells. Cabanas are more expensive but you do get the float mats and the snorkel gear. 4 lg bottles of water, 8 sodas of your choices. chips, dip and fruit. we would definitely look at booking the cabana again when we ever go again. lol.

Edited by jks336

How much are the cabanas? They aren't coming up either (nothing is coming up for HMC..)..

Cabanas (up to 4 people) are $229

Beach Villas (Up to 8 people) are $499

We have done both. The villa's have a bathroom and hot tub in them.

It was nice since we had another family with us on that trip.

There is also one private oasis for $1495 (up to 12 people). That is on my bucket list when I win the lottery :p

If you do book a cabana/villa, head to the excursion desk as soon as you get on the ship to select the location you want.

If you can't reserve one ahead of time, still go to the excursion desk and get on a waiting list. I've seen several posts that people luck into one after getting on board.

You do NOT need to rent the floats in advance! There are PLENTY! And, you may discover you don't really need one! Once you get it, you'll need to drag it around with you...so wait until you get there!