Bermuda leftover transport pass questions

Juvesgirl

Hello, I have a few questions and am hoping someone knows the answers:

1) I have leftover 3-zone tickets from a 15 ticket booklet from last summer (2014). Can I use them this summer (2015)?

2) Can I use two 3-zone tickets to take a bus ride covering up to 6 zones, or would I need a token or 14-zone ticket instead?

3) Can I use multiple 3-zone tickets to take the ferry from the Dockyard to St. George and, if so, how many? Can I use multiple 3-zone tickets to take the ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton and, if so, how many?

4) Can you use a credit card to purchase tokens at the Dockyard and, if so, which CCs are accepted?

Thanks so much!

Edited by Juvesgirl

1) I have leftover 3-zone tickets from a 15 ticket booklet from last summer (2014). Can I use them this summer (2015)?

2) Can I use two 3-zone tickets to take a bus ride covering up to 6 zones, or would I need a token or 14-zone ticket instead?

3) Can I use multiple 3-zone tickets to take the ferry from the Dockyard to St. George and, if so, how many? Can I use multiple 3-zone tickets to take the ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton and, if so, how many?

4) Can you use a credit card to purchase tokens at the Dockyard and, if so, which CCs are accepted?

Thanks so much!

I don't know anything about the ticket booklets but in answer to 4) they will take Mastercard or Visa at the Dockyard.

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks so much!

1) The tickets don't have an expiration date so you can use them.

2) Anything beyond a 3 zone ride requires a 14 zone ticket or token.

3) The ferry requires a 14 zone ticket or token.

4) It was reported this year that credit cards are accepted for token and transportation pass purchase at Dockyard...but I'm wondering if that is only at the central Visitor's Information office that's near the ferry dock and bus stop or if cc's can also be used at Heritage Wharf and Kings Wharf.

Also with regard to the answers to questions 2 and 3...it's possible that you might find a bus driver willing to bend the rules and take two 3 zone tickets, but don't cont on it. I wouldn't expect there would be any possibility of that on the ferries because there are no ferry routes where a 3 zone ticket would ever be valid.

4) It was reported this year that credit cards are accepted for token and transportation pass purchase at Dockyard...but I'm wondering if that is only at the central Visitor's Information office that's near the ferry dock and bus stop or if cc's can also be used at Heritage Wharf and Kings Wharf.

I bought my transportation pass last Wednesday with a credit card at Kings Wharf.

Edited by Charles4515

1) The tickets don't have an expiration date so you can use them.

2) Anything beyond a 3 zone ride requires a 14 zone ticket or token.

3) The ferry requires a 14 zone ticket or token.

Also with regard to the answers to questions 2 and 3...it's possible that you might find a bus driver willing to bend the rules and take two 3 zone tickets, but don't cont on it. I wouldn't expect there would be any possibility of that on the ferries because there are no ferry routes where a 3 zone ticket would ever be valid.

I bought my transportation pass last Wednesday with a credit card at Kings Wharf.

Thanks so much, Charles and NJHorseman! Very much appreciate both of your input and am grateful that all of my questions have been answered!

• 1 month later...
If I want to buy a ticketbook for a group of 4 for the ferry and bus, which book should I buy or should I stick with tokens while docked at the dockyard?

You have to sit down and do the math to see what works best for you. Compute how much transportation would cost for your travel plans using tokens, transportation passes and ticket books and make your decision accordingly.

Are there any locations that accept CC near Flatts Village or St George? I take it the Post Office locations don't sell with CC? And is only VISA/MC widely accepted in Bermuda...Amex?

Most buy their passes or tokens at the Dockyard. This year was the first that I was able to use my credit card for the pass. That was at the Dockyard, at the ticket office on Kings Wharf. I don't know about other locations but as far as AMEX, I don't even bother using or attempting to use my AMEX card outside the US except at major hotels or very fine dining. (and even in the US it is not always accepted). You should assume that only Visa/Master Card will be accepted.

If I want to buy a ticketbook for a group of 4 for the ferry and bus, which book should I buy or should I stick with tokens while docked at the dockyard?

And I'll add that they don't sell the ticket booklets at the dockyard. They do sell them in Hamilton and St-Georges at their ferry terminal, but not the one in the Dockyard.

Most buy their passes or tokens at the Dockyard. This year was the first that I was able to use my credit card for the pass. That was at the Dockyard, at the ticket office on Kings Wharf. I don't know about other locations but as far as AMEX, I don't even bother using or attempting to use my AMEX card outside the US except at major hotels or very fine dining. (and even in the US it is not always accepted). You should assume that only Visa/Master Card will be accepted.

Thank you :)

• 3 months later...