Live from the Caribbean Princess

jerseygirl3

:o I'm quite a bit concerned with making this trip. It's my first cruise in almost three years and I'm so worried it will be canceled. I'm breathing now, it's fully into last minute mode. I am now too busy to be too worried.

Rachel - don't worry, the cruise won't be canceled due to weather. It may be delayed but it's hard to get a 7 day cruise canceled due to weather.

Caroline,

I'm glad you guys are having fun. If you run into Lisa or Ray, tell them I said hello. I gave Lisa a list of the things we did for shore tours last week on the western, but I'm not sure she'll follow it. It involved Fat Tuesdays, Margaritaville and Senor Frogs.

Linda

You guys be safe and maybe you'll get to hear "Welcome to day 9 of our 7 day cruise". once again this year.

We'er in Coz for 8 hours so definitely hitting Senor Frogs... and we are docked IN TOWN .. yah!! Grand Cayman for 6 hours tomorrow and then Ocho all day so, yes, will be visiting Margaritaville.. what else is there to do... that will be after we climb the falls.. How was Hedo???

and yes, welcome to day 9... would be fun ..

I'm on the 10/8 cruise. I was on the CB eastern cruise just last year, so any change would be fine with me.

Hope it remains smooth sailing.

Don

36_1_39.gif

Don, come join us on the Princess Roll Call board. We have 2 get-togethers scheduled. A casual one at sailaway and a more organized on Monday in the Skywalker's Lounge. Would love to "meet and greet"!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=133965

We are looking forward to our cruise on CB, since we have never been on a Princess ship. Have heard lots of good stuff.

Deena

Caroline,

Barry & I didn't go, we had Jess, but some of the group did, and can you believe that they won't tell us what happened???

Cayman also has a Senor Frogs open now. Abanks was good, but a little crowded and hot. Very small area and expensive drinks-welcome to Cayman.

Margaritaville was a blast. We lazed around the ship in the morning because we have been there so so many times, and just headed over there to meet everyone after their tours.

Linda

PS Caroline if you see an older woman from England with a hat on named Lillian, tell her the Popo Nation says hi! We met up with her in Cozumel and she was doing back to back. She'll be the sweet little lady rolling her own cigarettes.

"PS Caroline if you see an older woman from England with a hat on named Lillian, tell her the Popo Nation says hi! We met up with her in Cozumel and she was doing back to back. She'll be the sweet little lady rolling her own cigarettes."

Wow she names her hats :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself......:eek:

I just posted this as a separate thread but thought someone on board now might get this going!!!

Hi Cruisers. I am new to these boards and have been having a lot of fun reading your posts. I can see there are some really fun cruisers out there and being a bit of a practical joker, myself need a little help pulling off a joke on Captain Romano. My last cruise was on the CB this summer. DH and I had the pleasure of meeting Captain Romano and learned first hand that he loves to tell jokes and has a great sense of humor. So, I have this idea...

What if he heard the same joke several times on one cruise and then on subsequent cruises from various passengers! I think he'd get a big kick out of it. My husband and I have done this for ten years to a shop owner we met in Greece. Everytime we have friends travel to Athens they stop by and tell him the joke. He's now heard the joke about 16 times from our friends who tell their friends and so on. He gets a huge laugh out of it and brings back great memories for everyone. So, I thought we could try it on the Captain.

So here's the joke and I hope many of you will be game to join in. Mind you it's very corny but intentionally so because it makes it all the more memorable.

What did the grape say when it got stepped on?

Nothing, it just made a little whine! :D

(Come on, I know some of you laughed!). So all those who are game, next time you see Captain Romano on board tell him the joke. And write in and let us know his reaction! He's such a nice man, I'm sure he'd appreciate the humor in it.

I'm game!! I'll be sailing with him on the 10/15 Eastern.

I met Capt. Romano... ohhhh, many years ago (maybe 17 or 18 years ago) when he was a Staff Capt. I do remember him being very funny and witty.... he was telling jokes back then too!

I will post when I get home and tell you his reaction... if we get a few people to do this, it should be fun... and right up his alley!!

Waterrats it will be great if your friends could get this started before they dock on Saturday. If not, maybe you could kick it off next week and tell a few people on board to join in as well. I'm sure he'll have a grand time trying to figure out how this all got started!

Hi JerseyGirl3

Was just wondering if there were any umbrellas with the lounge chairs and did you have trouble getting a chair. Would like to be in the shade if possible.

Thanks and enjoy your trip

Hi,

Hope you don't mind that I butt in but we were at Princess Cays on 9/11 and we had lounges under a palm tree that shaded us very well. We went to the right and basically just plopped on the first chairs under the shade that we saw which was close to the water they had to drink and the buffet but not right on top of the ocean. Hope this helps! Have a great time! :)

Wow, it's so nice of you guys who are aboard to take the time to post and answer questions.

We have PC (e.g.anytime) dining. How much time do you think we should we allow for dining in the Palm (table for 4)? We'd like to see Bert after dinner a couple of times during the week, and we understand we need to get there at least 30 mins early.

Also, if you like room service for breakfast, have you writen in any HOT items (eggs, bacon, grits, etc) on the door-hangar menu, and were they delivered?

I'd also like to know, for dinner, whether you can order room service from the dining room menu during serving hours.

Thanks so much for any answers you can provide.

Jerseygirl here again. Will try to answer a few questions before I head up to the Spa pool.

We've never waited for any table for dinner in PC dining. We've sat with a large group, and we've requested a table for four. Not once did we wait.

We saw Bert Stratton in Crooner's Bar the other night. He was fantastic. since most had never known of him, the first night was easy to get seats well into his show. but as his show progressed, it was standing room only. If you want to be guaranteed a seat, get there about 20-30 min. early.

We have ordered only continental breakfast from room service, so can't comment on whether you can write in other stuff. One word about room service, it is outstanding. When we've called, we've gotten our order in 5-10 minutes.

We did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner last night. I can't say enough good things about this. It was the absolute best. I highly recommend it. When we get back and I write a complete review, I will go into more detail.

To the poster who asked about lounge chairs and umbrellas, I'm not sure if you mean on the ship or at a beach. No umbrellas on the beach, but plenty of lounge chairs in areas with shade on the ship. Not a problem getting lounge chairs, and the ship is completely sold out.

Well, kids, the sun is shining and beckoning me. Will be in touch. Any more questions, just ask.

Jo-Ann

Hi Jerseygirl, I was speaking about Princess Cay when I asked you about the beach. Wanted to know if there were umbrellas with the lounge chairs there.

Also, does it pay to get a cabana. I heard you have to climb several steps to get to the cabanas. What is your opinion. Thank you

Hi dolfinmusic,

I don't mind you butting in. Appreciate your input. Did you get there early to get a shady spot?

Oh boy! I would say we were there maybe around 10am??? And there were plenty of empty lounges around there. I think the other side of the beach was more crowded - would be to your left as you get off the tender. The cabanas were also on the right side (where we were) and I think if you want one - you should go online to reserve one. I just know it was very hot when we went so we didn't stay too long. I am not a fan of the heat!!!!

Caroline, It's skitter here. We were going to be on the cruise with you but my mother passed away so we had to cancel at the last minute. If you run into Kent and Joan Decker from Newfoundland at one of the watering holes on or off the ship please tell them hi from Skitter (John and Nancy). Enjoy the rest of your cruise, sorry we had to miss meeting all of you. Thanks

Skitter

Okay, sorry I misunderstood about the umbrellas. We got a cabana because my husband has to limit his sun exposure, but honestly, we hardly used it. First of all, they get no air circulating through them. We didn't get over to Princess Cays until later in the morning, and although alot of the Tiki Huts were taken, there are enough spots with palm trees that provide shade. No umbrellas unless you get a cabana. But I would skip the cabana nexttime. Yes, youdo have to walk up a short flight up steps (maybe 6 stairs) and back down on the other side of the dock. Not a problem unless your walking is a challenged.

I would recommend when you step onto the island, to go to your right where the cabanas are located. Much less crowded.

We had another wonderful day in paradise today. Sun was shining all day. We didn't get off teh ship today in Grand Cayman; pretended we were on our own private yacht (but some other passengers had the same idea!!!). Going to head to the ship's doctor (first time in umpteen cruises). Got water in my ear and it's not going away. Gonna put my cruise insurance to good use!

Well, any more questions, feel free to ask.

Jerseygirl3..thanks for taking the time to post...This will be our first Princess cruise and I have heard NOTHING but praise for Bert Stratton..What lounge is he in and what time does he perform?...I want to make sure that we don't miss him...thanks again and so glad that you have had great weather...enjoy the rest of your vacation. Em

EmmyW14: Thought I'd jump in and answer your question. I was on the CB last week. Bert performs at Crooners beginning Sunday evening. He has two shows 9 and 11:15. On our cruise he was at Explorers Lounge on Thursday for one long show. If you plan on going to that, get there early because there's not an empty seat in the place. On the night of the Champagne Waterfall he only has one show. His CD is great by the way!

Oh, and if anybody has a chance to talk to Bert, ask him if he likes Chris Isaak :) It would be sort of a little joke.

Marly

Archived