Live from the Caribbean Princess

jerseygirl3

Are they still doing "Princess Idol" instead of nightly karaoke?

On our 1/21/05 cruise, there were three nights of competition leading up to a final night when Princess Idol was selected from among the six preliminary winners.

DH and I will be sailing on CB again on 1/28/06, and I'm wondering if I should prepare a couple of songs and try my hand (voice) at Princess Idol.

Thanks!

Chris

Glad to see you guys made it...a much needed get away......

Rude people, Huh? probably are not happy about the change in itinerary....just ask them if they would rather be taking tests in a hospital....if you get my drift.....no pun intended.

Tahiti was great, a must for you to do, but I suggest a pre and post stay...the cruise just touches the tip of the ice berg....next time we go it will be on land.

Stayed 3 days post in an OWB...even though the weather wasn't the greatest, those three days were so relaxing, no tenders to catch, no dinner seatings to make.......and I saw 3 lion fish about 20 yards out from our bungalow...so cool.

Hope things are going well for BOB....Wayne did OK, but I did a few excurisons and meals solo.....so he could catch those cat naps.

Continue to have a great time....hope the weather doesn't catch up with you, you have had enough rocky seas this year take care.....L:) ri

Lori, I'm so glad to hear you and Wayne had a great trip (and relaxing) to Tahiti. Our trip is wonderful. Once again Captain Romano has come through with the most fabulous weather. Our day at sea today was the same as the previous 6 days...sunny and warm and seas with hardly a ripple. My heart goes out to those preparing for another hurricane blast. I feel guilty enjoying myself so much.

Oh yeah, example of rude person. We have spent the entire week at the Spa (Adults Only) Pool. Very relaxing. No loud music, no kiddies (love kids, have four of our own, but can do without on vacation). Anyway, we went to use the bathroom and when we returned, there was an entire family (Mom, Dad, and about 5 young kids...ages ranged from about 6-14) in the pool. There were a lot of older folks in the pool, and I guess they were hesitant to say anything. At first I was going to leave well enough alone, but the kids got out of control. They were screaming and yelling (typical kid stuff, but not at the Adults Only pool). One lady was trying to swim in front of the "swim against the current" machine, and the kids kept going in front of it and blocking it. Finally, I had enough. I very politely said to the Mom, "maybe you're not aware, I know the sign is easy to miss, but this is an Adults Only pool." To which she got very indignant, said "I don't see any sign." I pointed out the sign to her, and she very loudly said, "c'mon kids, we're not allowed here." And as she exited, she said very loudly, "some people are just anti-social." Afterwards, several people came up to me and thanked me. They all agreed that I was totally polite in how I handled it, and they are sick and tired of parents thinking their kids can do whatever they want, regardless of the rules.

That's just one example. I can go on and on how some people have been this week. But I don't let them ruin my vacation. I figure they're just too ignorant to know better.

Will be in touch when we get home so I can hear more details about your trip.

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann

Glad to hear your weather has been great....

Good for you speaking up......sounds like you did it at the appropriate time. I would say half the time I speak up it is simple ignorance on the peoples part, the other half is just bad manners and being inconsiderate......I just hate it when they come back with some rude remark...thats probably what keeps alot of people from speaking up.

Have a safe trip home..........Lori

P.S. The flights(8 hours) between LAX and Tahiti weren't bad at all...I dreaded them, cause I never sleep on planes....I am sure you have heard about the direct from NY...13 hours I think...now that would be a Looooong for you, no question.....The nice thing about our flights was there was little turbulence.

Lori, I'm so glad to hear you and Wayne had a great trip (and relaxing) to Tahiti. Our trip is wonderful. Once again Captain Romano has come through with the most fabulous weather. Our day at sea today was the same as the previous 6 days...sunny and warm and seas with hardly a ripple. My heart goes out to those preparing for another hurricane blast. I feel guilty enjoying myself so much.

Oh yeah, example of rude person. We have spent the entire week at the Spa (Adults Only) Pool. Very relaxing. No loud music, no kiddies (love kids, have four of our own, but can do without on vacation). Anyway, we went to use the bathroom and when we returned, there was an entire family (Mom, Dad, and about 5 young kids...ages ranged from about 6-14) in the pool. There were a lot of older folks in the pool, and I guess they were hesitant to say anything. At first I was going to leave well enough alone, but the kids got out of control. They were screaming and yelling (typical kid stuff, but not at the Adults Only pool). One lady was trying to swim in front of the "swim against the current" machine, and the kids kept going in front of it and blocking it. Finally, I had enough. I very politely said to the Mom, "maybe you're not aware, I know the sign is easy to miss, but this is an Adults Only pool." To which she got very indignant, said "I don't see any sign." I pointed out the sign to her, and she very loudly said, "c'mon kids, we're not allowed here." And as she exited, she said very loudly, "some people are just anti-social." Afterwards, several people came up to me and thanked me. They all agreed that I was totally polite in how I handled it, and they are sick and tired of parents thinking their kids can do whatever they want, regardless of the rules.

That's just one example. I can go on and on how some people have been this week. But I don't let them ruin my vacation. I figure they're just too ignorant to know better.

Will be in touch when we get home so I can hear more details about your trip.

Jo-Ann

hey Jo-Ann, I just want to say , we were on the ship the week of 9/03 and i have to ask, what is your age?? we are in our 40's and the one thing that pi__ed me off the most was the rude people. But like you, we were on a very much needed vacation and you learn to ignore them. I thought it was just me that thought everyone was rude. These people cruise one right after another and ruin it for the ones of us who go on one per year because we are still working our butts off.

glad to see you had a great time

BrendA:cool:

Thanks for posting live! I have been reading your posts everyday. My dh and I are going on the CP Feb 25 06 and have been upgraded to C722 balcony. Its our first time for a balcony, It looks like its in the back of the ship.?I have been told the balconys on this deck are larger? I am so excited to go can't wait to try the balcony! Thanks for all your comments i have enjoyed reading them!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jerseygirl oh no rude people? What happened? How did u like the ship? How was the cruise all week? We are going in Feb25th cruise so i was wondering about the ship what u liked and disliked? Crooze great have fun tell us all about your week if u have time? What deck are u on? We are going to be on a balcony on the Caribe deck. Its suppose to be a bigger size balcony too.

Linda, the ship is very pretty. We also had a balcony cabin on Caribe Deck. Great choice you made picking that. The cabin is more than sufficient and the balcony is very large.

Things I liked: Book the Ultimate Balcony dinner. Worth every penny. Would also recommend Sabatini's, but if you have to make a choice, go with the UBD.

Love the Adults Only Lotus Spa pool (just hated that the passengers were expected to play "pool monitor" and remind parents their little kids, while adorable, were not supposed to be using that pool).

Dining room food good, not 4 star, but good. Cafe Caribe had good food, as well.

Love the fresh water pools. Love MUTS (watched Monday Night football and they came around with bags of popcorn for every one...very cool).

Hated being given only one pool towel each for the entire day. Couldn't get it replaced during the day. Can't standing using a wet towel all day. They need to address this issue, and I put that on my comment card.

Wasn't wild about the layout of the ship...much prefer the Grand and Golden. Too many dead ends.

We had a very nice time, but I wasn't "wowed" by this ship like I was by Grand and Golden.

Oh yeah, like Anytime Dining, but didn't care for the service in the Palm Dining Room. Try the other one...I think it's the Coral that is also Anything Dining. Never had to wait for a table, though.

Any specific questions, just ask.

hint for everyone, try to get an extra set of towels from your cabin steward on the first day. This way you always have a dry set of towels in your cabin.

When we arrived, we had four towels in our cabin. I hid them in the clothes closet and our cabin steward never took them. We never did need them but it was nice knowing they were there.

Archived