Just Off The Adventure of the Seas!!!

Based on my previous sailings and having been on this particular one before: I would encourage you to bring a sport coat or just a navy or grey suit jacket. You can easily slip it over a polo and I think it would present more nicely.

hey There,

Can yo let me know what theme nights they held on the trip. We have a party of 32 and we usually dress up on costumes. The last night there was a 7o's night and a "all white" deck party a few years ago.

Thanks

Vegas Cruisers

hey There,

Can yo let me know what theme nights they held on the trip. We have a party of 32 and we usually dress up on costumes. The last night there was a 7o's night and a "all white" deck party a few years ago.

Thanks

Vegas Cruisers

They had a dress in white night and thats really all i remember. I posted all of the cruise compasses on this thread earlier, so you may want to take a look at those as that information would be in there.

Who was your Captain, Hotel Director, Loyalty Ambassador, and Concierge?

Thanks.

Not sure I kept the staff sheet they give you on day 1. Captain was Toni from Finland. Concierge was Ryno... One party in our group had a suite so we only saw the info once. They had a different cabin attendant from the concierge.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not recall seeing any balloons near the buffets, but I probably wasn't looking for them.

I don't imagine any being in the Windjammer or main dining room and the 1-2 times I saw food on the deck (one night buffet and day-at-sea lunch grilling), there were no balloons.

The one place I could see them being in the shops area of the promenade (deck 5). I would think there would be a way to ask RCCL beforehand and/or check with guest services when you first arrive.

• 1 month later...

Just off AD yesterday...refurb is indeed scheduled for the Oct 16-Nov 9 (or something like that) dates that the ship is not showing any itineraries (2016). According to various members of the crew that I spoke with....specific refurb items have not totally been decided/revealed. However, this is what they think will happen....Jesters will indeed be closed. The lower level will become cabins and the upper level will become Sabor or Izumi. The other restaurant will be added but don't know where yet. The area outside the spa on deck 12 will become additional cabins. No definite decision yet as to whether they are moving the concierge lounge or leaving it where it is. The inline skating area will be removed and a flow rider will be added. Johnny Rockets will remain.

For the past several months AD has been #1 in the fleet for MDR and WJ comments/ratings and are anticipating they will be #1 for the year. We had excellent service in both venues!

Just off AD yesterday...refurb is indeed scheduled for the Oct 16-Nov 9 (or something like that) dates that the ship is not showing any itineraries (2016).

For the past several months AD has been #1 in the fleet for MDR and WJ comments/ratings and are anticipating they will be #1 for the year. We had excellent service in both venues!

Our group was on the same cruise. A few other MDR comments:

Menu order from memory 1) Mojo (No Prime rib - strip loin), 2) Saffron, 3) SAGE, 4) Basil, 5) Pimento? - Dinner on shore, 6) Jasmine 7) Pomodoro - with lamb Shank

Escargot every night, Shrimp cocktail - two nights. MDR Desserts were better than previous cruises.

Both dinner and breakfast service in MDR was slower than previous cruises, but not an issue for our group.

Waiters sang on Italian and last night, Per waiter live music in MDR has been gone for years (Allure, Oasis and Jewel still had this).

The ship was not crowded - The original Voyager class capacity is great. We had the same chairs at the pool almost every day. Too bad that this will change after refurb.

Thanks

Our group was on the same cruise. A few other MDR comments:

Menu order from memory 1) Mojo (No Prime rib - strip loin), 2) Saffron, 3) SAGE, 4) Basil, 5) Pimento? - Dinner on shore, 6) Jasmine 7) Pomodoro - with lamb Shank

Escargot every night, Shrimp cocktail - two nights. MDR Desserts were better than previous cruises.

Both dinner and breakfast service in MDR was slower than previous cruises, but not an issue for our group.

Waiters sang on Italian and last night, Per waiter live music in MDR has been gone for years (Allure, Oasis and Jewel still had this).

The ship was not crowded - The original Voyager class capacity is great. We had the same chairs at the pool almost every day. Too bad that this will change after refurb.

Thanks

Don't have a clue on the order of the dinner menus...except....Pimiento definitely was NOT day 5 (Aruba night) as that is Mr Ski's favorite menu and we were there for it. It was either Sunday or Monday night. (We didn't eat in MDR Sat, Tues, or Weds.)

Edit: Let's see if I can remember better....Saturday was "Mojo", Sunday was "Saffron" so Monday must have been "Pimiento", Tuesday was "Sage", Wednesday was "Basil" Thursday was "Jasmine" and Friday was "Pomodoro".

I didn't hear anything about changes in pool seating. Please share what you have heard. How is the pool seating going to change? (Other than no chairs outside of spa area on deck 12 since that will now be cabins.)

Edited by skiiergirl

Did you do the Mystery Dinner? If so how was it?

We did last month. It was fun but don't go into it thinking it's professional theater. The actors camp it up and overact to the crowd to make it funny. The play itself is fluff but in the context of the meal and the event it's both a good time and funny.

I didn't hear anything about changes in pool seating. Please share what you have heard. How is the pool seating going to change? (Other than no chairs outside of spa area on deck 12 since that will now be cabins.)

My comment about the pool seating was that it wasn't crowded like the larger ships. We found 6 seats together every day in the same area - not an easy task on Sea Days on Freedom or Oasis class.

The refurb will add approx 60 cabins and reduce space on deck 12. Some of us would prefer that don't add cabins.

Thanks

My comment about the pool seating was that it wasn't crowded like the larger ships. We found 6 seats together every day in the same area - not an easy task on Sea Days on Freedom or Oasis class.

The refurb will add approx 60 cabins and reduce space on deck 12. Some of us would prefer that don't add cabins.

Thanks

Lol! I don't think any of us "prefer" that they add cabins. I think most everyone would prefer the "public spaces" to remain and NOT added cabins! I agree the deck patrol did a decent job of patrolling the areas however, I did notice several times that chair hogs were at work and the deck patrol didn't take their things. We did not have trouble finding chairs most anytime we looked.

We did last month. It was fun but don't go into it thinking it's professional theater. The actors camp it up and overact to the crowd to make it funny. The play itself is fluff but in the context of the meal and the event it's both a good time and funny.

Did you book this prior or once onboard?

It doesn't show in my cruise planner and I really wanted to try it. We only booked last week and sail early Nov so I'm assuming it's not there as its sold out, but I'm kind of hoping there is spaces held back for reservations on board.

Each menu has a name that corresponds to a spice:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

One thing to keep in mind....this is an old pdf from when these menus first came out several years ago. A few things have been removed/replaced recently so the menus are good examples of what is on each....but not totally accurate!