Disembarking early when ship overnight in port

Hi,

We finish a 16 night bottom end of Australia on Explorer in Sydney with an overnight stay in port. Just wondered if early disembarkation in Sydney the evening before to catch a flight is an option that RCCL permits ? It will have been to New Zealand, so considered international and needs customs clearance etc. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Early disembarkation does need to be approved and security clearance granted. The port must have customs agents on duty at the time of the disembarkation.

The request can only be made if you already have a confirmed reservation with booking number. You might be able to get information from the email address stated here as well.

The only link we could find to the form was with RCI Singapore.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.sg/files/pdf/Partial_Cruise_Request.aspx

You just send that form to the email at AirSeaGFO@rccl.com

We received a response very quickly. The clearance form from this office is sent to the Security Office onboard the ship.

Your contact is then with Guest Services onboard as you have to receive proof that your seaboard account is settled prior to leaving the ship. For us, we had a clearance form from guest services that could only be arranged just prior to departure and security needed this to let us off the ship. As we were disembarking, they required us to forfeit our Sea Pass Cards.

Edited by MADflyer

Thank you, I will look into it. Sounds like maybe a lot of bother to organise, but worth a try. I had hoped that maybe RCCL could pre approve it when booking but I guess there is quite a bit of red tape involved and security issues etc

We had an overnight in Istanbul at the end of our recent Rhapsody cruise. Many people disembarked during that day and some in the middle of the night to take very early morning flights.

Yes, it had to be arranged in advance onboard, due to Immigration and customs.

We just did this on a recent Brilliance transatlantic and disembarked in Belgium the day before the ship arrived at it's final destination in Harwich, England.

As stated above, you need to contact AirSeaGFO@rccl.com. They will send you the necessary paperwork to complete and return to them. After they have approved your request to disembark early, they will notify you.

There were over 200 people who got off our ship in Belgium a day early, so it looks like its a fairly common thing, depending on the cruise and the final destination. :)

Thank you all so much for your help. I will call RCCL in oz tomorrow to confirm the arrangements. I just hope to get a knowledgable person in the call centre. I have not had many positive experiences in them dealing with any issues that are a little away from the norm. Long periods on hold etc. Time will tell I guess :eek:

Thank you all so much for your help. I will call RCCL in oz tomorrow to confirm the arrangements. I just hope to get a knowledgable person in the call centre. I have not had many positive experiences in them dealing with any issues that are a little away from the norm. Long periods on hold etc. Time will tell I guess :eek:

I wouldn't even bother calling.. just use the email AirSeaGFO@rccl.com

They will email you the necessary paperwork and you can complete it and return it to them.