Statendam laundry

VermeulT

I know the Statendam has self-serve laundry. But do they have the unlimited laundry service also?

Can anyone confirm & let me know price please?

I'm looking at how much to bring on my 14 day trip next month.

Thanks!

I know the Statendam has self-serve laundry. But do they have the unlimited laundry service also?

Can anyone confirm & let me know price please?

Yes. Every ship has the unlimited laundry, as well as the daily laundry by the bag deal.

The price of the unlimited can be estimated by multiplying the number of days in the cruise by $7. That's in the US; in Europe use $9.

We did the 14 day AK cruise in May. The unlimited laundry was $7/day/cabin, for a total of $98 for the trip. Have a great time :D

edited to add: typing at the same time RuthC was typing :)

Edited by CowPrincess

1. A suite booking gives you free laundry/dry-cleaning service--also just pressing, any time. :-)

2. Our 10+ day cruises have almost all offered a one-time laundry deal, fill a bag for X$$. Cheaper than springing for the entire-cruise, daily option. We always plan on this in our packing lists & have never got it wrong.

3. We also got a couple of specials for once-in-awhile laundry bag, by per item. Price was less than the usually outrageous $2.50 for a pair of briefs, etc.--I think 50% off? (But we tend to rinse out the delicates at night, once/twice per cruise, anyway.)

4. These specials are unannounced pre-cruise, though, so best to consider what you will bring it if doesn't happen...unless you can get confirmed info here, from a previous cruiser on YOUR ship for YOUR itinerary.

5. Bring your own quarters if you decide to do your own laundry, maybe soap too in case you don't like theirs. And don't plan on doing it on a sea day, when the laundries will be packed. A port day when you won't disembark is the way; you'll be all alone with your washer/dryer.

6. If they do your laundry: BE SURE to specify what is cold water only and what doesn't get dried. (Different bags if you can.) Otherwise it's all washed in hot water, all dried, ALL pressed! Yep, his undies too. Holland puts little identifying sticky tapes inside your garments; remove those from your delicates right away or they're permanent.

Edited by sofietucker

5. Bring your own quarters if you decide to do your own laundry, maybe soap too in case you don't like theirs. And don't plan on doing it on a sea day, when the laundries will be packed. A port day when you won't disembark is the way; you'll be all alone with your washer/dryer.

** The front desk also can provide quarters if you do not want to lug the coins

** Please do not use your own soap unless you get clearance from HAL due to their on board water treatment plant. Have seen people use their own soap but only after permission for a specific brand.

** Also, bring dryer sheets of you are going to use the self-service laundry

** Often around dining times is a good time to do your laundry or 1st thing in the morning when they open

6. If they do your laundry: BE SURE to specify what is cold water only and what doesn't get dried. (Different bags if you can.) Otherwise it's all washed in hot water, all dried, ALL pressed! Yep, his undies too. Holland puts little identifying sticky tapes inside your garments; remove those from your delicates right away or they're permanent.

** but it is fun to find one months later

See some additional info above with ** and have a great cruise