UDP and Platinum question

Gregor4500

Thanks for the quick reply's. We also have unlimited beverage so I'm hoping I can bring those bottles back to the room and just order by the glass at the restaurant.

We usually pay the corkage for a few bottles to have in the room. It just seems crazy to bring wine on board if we have the UBP. But we do like a glass on the balcony on occasion.

You would think if you have UBP they would wave the corkage fee. It would save them more then a few bottles of wine.

Thanks for the quick reply's. We also have unlimited beverage so I'm hoping I can bring those bottles back to the room and just order by the glass at the restaurant.

We usually pay the corkage for a few bottles to have in the room. It just seems crazy to bring wine on board if we have the UBP. But we do like a glass on the balcony on occasion.

You would think if you have UBP they would wave the corkage fee. It would save them more then a few bottles of wine.

You can certainly bring your comp bottles of wine back to your cabin. If you're in a suite, the restaurant will arrange for your butler to bring it back for you.

The UBP gives you a 20% discount on bottles of wine you buy on board, which is about the same as the gratuity charge (18%).

Good minds must work alike. That is exactly what we plan on doing. We are excited about the UBP but do like to have a glass of wine in our cabin and didn't want to always go to a bar and carry two drinks back. So, we are going to bring the complimentary bottles back to the cabin.

You can certainly bring your comp bottles of wine back to your cabin. If you're in a suite, the restaurant will arrange for your butler to bring it back for you.

The UBP gives you a 20% discount on bottles of wine you buy on board, which is about the same as the gratuity charge (18%).

Good info, thanks.

Good minds must work alike. That is exactly what we plan on doing. We are excited about the UBP but do like to have a glass of wine in our cabin and didn't want to always go to a bar and carry two drinks back. So, we are going to bring the complimentary bottles back to the cabin.

And probably still bring a glass back every trip just to be sure. icon7.gif

You don't have to leave the restaurant and bring your wine back to the room yourself, if you don't want to.

We, many times go straight to the show after dinner and ask them to send the wine, a cork screw and two wine glasses to the room if we're not in a suite and they always do. If in a suite we simply ask them to send the wine to the room.

Harriet

I have a question. If I prepurchase the UDP online and we are 2 platinum cruisers would I buy the 5 day UDP? We Eat in the specialty restaurants every night. Thanks in advance.

Yes, since you have two dinners in specialty restaurants "covered" with your Platinum status, you would only need a dining package for 5 days to have specialty restaurant dinners every night on a 7 day cruise.

I have heard, although I have not done, but you can also exchange your bottle of bubbly for a bottle of wine. I would much prefer the wine, so I may try to do that next cruise. We usually bring at least one of the bottles home with us. Just make sure you tell them when you order in the restaurant that you want to take the bottle with you. Otherwise they will open it and serve it to you in restaurant.